Wyotech

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
i havn't gone yet but i just spoke with someone from theire and ill most likely be going in april. do u have plans on going? if so which one and when?

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
dont go to wyotech go to UTI its a much better school all around and they place you at a job anywhere you want

i recently toured both schools and UTI is hell of alot more equiped and up to date and if memory serves me right UTI is cheaper too

UTI all the way im goin in April to the AZ campus (Scottsdale parties here i come)

trev

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
The CA Wyotech is pretty awesome. My friend just graduated from there. He specialized in high performance motors and chasis fabrication. He got a job right out of graduation.

One of the first things they had him do for the high performance course was memorize an auto transmission piece for piece, then rebuild it. If you dont know what a part is when your rebuilding the instructor would chuck it across the room cause "If you dont know what it is then whys it matter". then theyd bolt your finished trans to a 1500 HP engine and test it. If it broke you get an F. Thats his story anyways.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
Eh.

My brother went there.

got the scholarship out of the entire body class.

suppose to stay there a year and go somewhere else. (the bmw in cali)

He was so good, they kept him in cali for 3 years, and was only suppose to be there a year and move on to a different place for another year., but they wanted to keep him,(he also teaches at BMW class at the bodyshop) He's Worked on MIke Tysons Bmw, other celeberties cars, , Alot of Mclarens, all sorts of high end cars, Painted a BMW SUV thats in the Musem in Germany, he moved to W.A. Cuz he wanted to get out of cali. I guess its a good school, but if your good at what you do, i guess you can go anywhere disregarding where you went to school for your training.

and he's painting my supra :)

so I'd say for him being just turned 24, he's DAMN good at what he does.

latemevol24

Dec 4, 2005
lancaster pa
see i've been trying to get info on uti sent to me for about a year now and nothing has come. ive talked to about 3 people from there and they all said they would send stuff but i got nothing so i tried wyotech and within 3 weeks someone from the schoole drove about 4 hours to my house to talk to me. so as far as i know i'll be going there unless i get some info from uti.

exander

Anything but Lurker
May 23, 2006
colorado
latemevol24 said:
see i've been trying to get info on uti sent to me for about a year now and nothing has come. ive talked to about 3 people from there and they all said they would send stuff but i got nothing so i tried wyotech and within 3 weeks someone from the schoole drove about 4 hours to my house to talk to me. so as far as i know i'll be going there unless i get some info from uti.
I dunno I got my packet of stuff from UTI in less than 2 weeks. Try registering on the web for info. And select "have a rep contact me" You should be contacted that way. I dunno maybe they just don't want you. j/k

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
exander said:
And they are snap-on tools at that. And you get them when you start not graduate.

No you get a $1,000 credit in Snap-On tools when you Graduate.

around 50% off select (most) Snap-On tools while attending.

And most of the MSAT's (Manufacturer Specific) courses will give you a Snap-On tool set once you graduate from them.
But that's after you go through the year of UTI(another 5 weeks if you take FORD FACT) and IF you are accepted into an MSAT, which is not so easy.

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
tru tru i was trying to go for the toyoda program untill i found out that i would have to go up to glendale heights, IL for the class so im just goin for the general and the Superstreet/hotrod course and

here is the number to my rep his name is Robert Hall 1-417-833-8884 and just tell him that Trevor Owsley said that you need a phone number to the rep in your area

i will call him to tell him whats up

pm me if you want this

TREV

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Yea, the Toyota program isn't one of the programs that pays back your tuition if you go to work for them either.
Manufacturer's like Ford/Audi/Mercedes/BMW/Volvo and others will actually pay for most of their specific training if you then go to work for them for a few years or until you achieve Master Tech. Toyota, Nissan, Cummins, and some others will not pay you back, you have to pay outright for the training but you don't have to be accepted into those.

SupraE1jz

CLASS OF 06
Feb 25, 2006
Perris,CA
do you guys that have experienced wyotech/uti think its a good way to go? im 2 weeks from leaving from the airforce and im getting lots of people inside the airforce saying its not so cracked up... uti was my second option. any help would be great.

88mk88

Jun 18, 2006
Jamestown,Ohio
As of right now I will be attending Wyotech in PA. I had a rep come to my house and talk with me about the school for four hours. I will be going there for only one year and I will get a business degree along with the car classes.

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
Yea, the Toyota program isn't one of the programs that pays back your tuition if you go to work for them either

thats why when you go to a toyoda dealer they remburse your tuition for the colllege as long as you work there you dont have to pay a dime of it well thats how it is at some KC dealers in MO

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
MassSupra89 said:
No you get a $1,000 credit in Snap-On tools when you Graduate.

around 50% off select (most) Snap-On tools while attending.

thats like what, a set of wrenches or something?

sell the certificate for like 750, go get every craftsman tool you will ever need, boxes for 'em, and a burger for lunch.

and still have trhe same warranty, except you just run down to sears, instead of waiting for the guy in the truck to show up next week....

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Exactly trucker, my friend bought a hat and a small toolbox with his certificate haha.

I work at Sears and get 35% off Craftsman anyway, So if I break something its a long walk about 50 steps to the tool department, and the full price of Craftsman is still around the same price as 50% off Snap-On haha.