WTF sputtering w/ pics of plugs.. help me

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
ok i replaced the plugs, all 6 with ngk iridium 1-step colder, part 3330..... and it ran amazing all the way to redline. after about 3 full pulls from 1,2, and 3 all the way to redline, after the three pulls it began to sputter. so i went home pulled #1 spark plug and this is what it looks like....i know the pics are big but i want you to be able to see them. the second pic kindof sucks but you can get the point

p261397_1.jpg

p261397_2.jpg

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
well i don't think it's low octane cause i'm running 91 (thats the highest we have) the timing i set at 12*. i found that page confusing as well i didn't see one that looked like it....maybe i'm retarded

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
antman said:
i believe your timeing should be at 10*

yea i know but would it being off by 2* be the problem....i'm not being an ass just asking a serious question. cause i've seen guys on here with their timing at 15*.....

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
don't know. i don't mess with my timing. i try not to gamble to much. i just let the ecu advance it for me.

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
mioght even be wrong heat range. how much boost r u running? im doing 94 octane with 14 degree timing.. my plugs kinda have that same white crap on them. im on stock ct26 though... 12psi

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
stratoayu said:
mioght even be wrong heat range. how much boost r u running? im doing 94 octane with 14 degree timing.. my plugs kinda have that same white crap on them. im on stock ct26 though... 12psi

i'm running 91 octane w/ stock ct @ 16 psi when it doesn't sputter, no bc

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
mkIIIman089 said:
LOL, who sold those to you as iridium?

why? do you think this is my problem......i just looked it up and these aren't iridiums....:rant: .....now i'm pissed of....s o is this the problem?

Last edited:

antman

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
TN
well it definetly is a problem. i would change the plugs for sure.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
sleepersupra said:
yea i know but would it being off by 2* be the problem....i'm not being an ass just asking a serious question. cause i've seen guys on here with their timing at 15*.....

of course it could be the problem

the base timing sets up the ENTIRE timing map.

btw you see guys here running 15 degree base so that makes it right? So if you see the next guys jump off a cliff into the sea to go drown (my lemming suicide influence in effect yet again) you would do that too?

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
figgie said:
btw you see guys here running 15 degree base so that makes it right? So if you see the next guys jump off a cliff into the sea to go drown (my lemming suicide influence in effect yet again) you would do that too?

hey if i wanted your smart ass remark i would off called you personally....it was a serious question and i wanted a serious answer. i said i've seen guys running that and what is the difference...:thefinger thanks for responding but if your not helping fix the problem then don't write....this isn't sf.

all you had to say was....of course it could be the problem, the base timing sets up the ENTIRE timing map.

thanks for that bit of info

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
sleepersupra said:
hey if i wanted your smart ass remark i would off called you personally....i was a serious question and i wanted a serious answer. i said i've seen guys running that and what is the difference...:thefinger thanks for responding but if your not helping fix the problem then don't write....this isn't sf.

all you had to say was....of course it could be the problem, the base timing sets up the ENTIRE timing map.

thanks for that bit of info

that they might be standalone

they might have c16 in the tank
they hope the knock sensor catches the knock,

it was serious answer I gave you. You only looked at part of the picture with those 15 degree guys.

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
figgie said:
that they might be standalone

they might have c16 in the tank
they hope the knock sensor catches the knock,

it was serious answer I gave you. You only looked at part of the picture with those 15 degree guys.

ok thats cool man, thanks thats why i asked to see if i was missing something....thanks