wtf!!?? ran fine then started putting along

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
car ran fine before it sat for 2years( i would turn it on so it would not seize on me) now ive decided to start driving it again so i changed oil,fixed a cooling leak,bleed the brakes and adjusted the throttle play it had( it added better throttle response) now to the PROBLEM: after about 8 miles of driving i down shifted to 3rd (to kinda feel the power i have been missing) i heard a slight pop( unknown if its related) and the car started putting/stuttering, if i kept it below 1500RPM's it was not as bad but was still an issue and if i let off the gas it would die...it was feeling like a fuel issue because i would hold the gas pedal down and it would have a stop and go feeling to it but how do i check that? also the check engine light was blinking but would not stay on...i do notice that when i turn the car off i can hear a small air leak coming from somewhere under the intake manifold, any ideas?? ive drawn a blank..

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
Well I've checked the hoses and there still clamped on, another thing I forgot to add is while parked if I were to bring it up to a steady rpm above 1500 it begins to start putting...so it's not just doin it while under load, if that matters lol

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
The charge pipe under the turbo is pretty notorious for going bad, you might have burst it on a side you can't easily see. Even though everything is still clamped on it might be worth checking all the rubber for any cracks or tears.

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
The charge pipe on the turbo itself is a bit difficult see so I'll break into that and actually take it off today and inspect for cracks or tears..as for gas I did add fresh 93 octane gas, about 10$ worth and when it started acting up I poured some chem-tool b-12 in case it was dirty..

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
So I forgot to check the plastic charge pipes and as I start taking things apart look what I found:

d03620a1-eb5a-ae9c.jpg

d03620a1-eb78-1750.jpg

blue7mgte

May 9, 2007
austin,texas
Temp Fixed with some PVC from home depot costing under 5 bucks until i find a nice performance charge pipe setup, thank you everyone for your help!! :)
Happy mk3 7mgte owner