wtf I am lost in the sauce

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
Ok so I traded my busted ass 89 1jz supra for a clean and I mean stupid clean 90 supra with a jdm 7mgte. All I need to do is wire this pig up and it should be all good. Well that's the problem, I have searched non-stop and can't find anything on rewiring this. Also I am pretty sure I am missing 1 of the 3 body connectors out of the USDM harness. So I guess what I am getting at here is can someone point me in the right direction. I have looked all over google and supramania and I have had no luck. Any help would be great thanks.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i think the easiest thing to do would be to just use a usdm engine harness.
or post a pic of the plugs in question, that would be the most helpful to people tryin to help.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
yeah I will try to get some pics up of the plugs. Also the harness I have doesn't match to any of the plugs on the motor, is it possible that I have a earlier year motor. I mean did the motors really change that much where the plugs anywhere on the motor would of changed dramatically.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Oh and the only plugs that I do have off the 90 harness is the B1 and the M1 plugs.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Should. Compare plugs on the 89 harness to the ones on the car.

All the sensor should be the same and in the same place.

You can look at the ribs on the block to tell weather it is a new block or a old block.

wornoutsupra

i gots a poopra
Jan 23, 2010
canton,ohio
well the kid i traded says its a 89 and the more I look and mybuddy helps me it seems like it is a 89. Another question is if I do buy a 89 harness will it match up to the B1, M1 and the small 3rd plug, thats the only thing I am worried about if I do this harness cause I haven't found the answer anywhere.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just get a pic of the harness and connectors. Look at the plug on the car and in the pic. If there the same it will work.

If your car is a gray plug car with the early gray plug connectors it should work.

Do you have 4pt steering wheel?? Thats 90.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
i have hopefully been pointing wornoutsupra in the right direction
the ecu side of harness only plugs into the ecu and nothing behind the dash correct?
his ecu numbers are 89661-24150 and its a grey plug
i couldnt find any info on this ecu?