wrx sti gets killed 4 times lol....

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
So i was coming back from Los Angeles after getting my afpr installed, and cruising it on the I15 freeway( speed limit is 70mph) i was doing 70 and the sti pulls up on my left, after a few min. i hear him push in the clutch and down shift to forth. I was ready with my hand on the shifter waiting for it, as soon as he startes to take off i down shift and jump on him and then just leave him behind! i look down and I'm at 125mph it took only a few seconds to get there.
I brake and get back down to speed limit, the freeway was still clear. He pulls up on my right side now ( I'm in the middle lane everytime), he starts to slow down to 60mph and holds there. I wait once agian for him to go, I hear the pause, then to third and wot. I shift down to third and he gets a car ahead as soon as i wot, but once agian start to leave him behind. Once i hit 4th he realy gets KILLED.
the last two pulls he was on my left at 60mph he got close on third but not realy. then he pulled off the freeway.
As far as mods on the sti that i could tell was a 3in exaust( sounded realy opened up and loud), 3 pod gauge cluster. other than that i dont know. but it felt so good to get him like that.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
unless he had the diff split 30/70 so he was sending his power to the rear im not suprised at all... wrx's arent highway cars at all.

RWD > AWD

nice quad-kill though.

simpsons7s

Its pronounced Nu-clear..
Oct 9, 2005
Riverside, Ca.
Thats great, no suprise though, I have a wrx and I get killed on straight hwy racing, even against stockish cars, it just dosent have great pull unless its on an incline, and it feels sloppy above 130. But I would put it up aganst most in canyon racing or rally, give me corners and I will give you a race,:icon_razz Good kill though.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
AWD tends to suck from a roll. If you'd gone from a dig he'd likely have taken you pretty badly until you got into 3rd or 4th gear.

Nice kill. :)

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Hahaha. Damn, what are your mods?

I know AWD's aren't too good from rolls but, I was on the freeway in my friends car and a sti was in front of us, he down shifted and DAMN did that thing pulled. This was while we were going the speed limit (65 mph), my friend wasn't even trying to race that thing.

Island_Yota

Aug 5, 2008
Vancouver Island
Yeah I noticed this with my buddies 05, It had a Downpipe, 3" exhaust, cats deleted, COBB computer, boost controller + some kind of computer contoller thing, few other mods.. running about 375hp. Had a few people race us when I was riding shotgun, Doesn't really get up and go from a roll for some reason, he sold it though so I never got a chance to drive it. Sick looking and sounding car though, it got going quick off the line and felt good on a windy road, not nearly as comfy as my Supra though and alot louder inside.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
uhh.... to have 375hp out of a wrx, you need more than just what you listed... he needs fuel injectors, pump, and an upgraded turbo at the least.

i've gotten a ride in my friends car which has a FP Green, supposedly has ~330awhp, and that thing pulls like a raped ape with the STI 6 speed and the 30/70 torque split thanks to the DCCD...

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
they are good cars if they are modded right, and like you guys said always strong from a dig. I have raced with time-attack Redline track event at Erwindale speedway 3 years ago, in my friends 2002 wrx, slightly modded and i was staying well in front of a porsche, lotus, and lots of other cars. granted its not all the car doing the work.... but still. I gave the guy a huge jump, and i would have came to a stop right there on the open freeway if he wanted. all the chances in the world.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Spanish Surprise;1200581 said:
So what were your mods when you beat the STI?

fesh jdm, titan mhg, arp studs, ct26-57trim with 10degree clip, mbc, 3in full exaust titan divorsed down pipe and blits nur spec cat back, apexi intake, rc550 injectors, lexus afm, afpr, 6 puck act clutch, fidanza flyweel, eibach springs, and a few other things. but i have alot more i am getting soon.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
kudo's on the win, i have a friend around here that has a 02 WRX, with almost the same modds but that controllers and its not an sti. But that damn thing moved, i thought....

I think they sound really nice tho, esspecially with an invidia exhaust. Oh and how does that 57 trim work out for you with the 10 degrees clip?

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Rennat;1198951 said:
unless he had the diff split 30/70 so he was sending his power to the rear im not surprised at all... wrx's arent highway cars at all.

RWD > AWD

nice quad-kill though.

ummm ok, there not high rpm power cars...when was the last time you drove one? ive raced plenty of people behind the wheel of an sti...my only lose was to a 400hp civic coup...and my own supra. there not race cars, there quick not fast but they cruise on the freeway for sure.

Last edited:

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
tbcmorris;1210881 said:
ummm ok, there not high rpm power cars...when was the last tiome you drove one? ive raced plenty of people behind the wheel of an sti...my only lose was to a 400ho civic coup...and my own supra. there not race cars, there quick not fast but the cruise on the freeway for sure.

my friends wrx that whips my ass!!!! i know he has cobb, 750rc, 20g turbo, front mount, and a few other things. and this is on the freeway. and off.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
mk3tattoos;1211675 said:
my friends wrx that whips my ass!!!! i know he has cobb, 750rc, 20g turbo, front mount, and a few other things. and this is on the freeway. and off.

tbcmorris;1212203 said:
wrx = 2.0 sti=2.5 vey very diff. motors

thats like saying a 1j and 2j are the same

even with the upgrades the torgue is not there

so your saying the wrx is faster and better than the sti. because he does not have a sti motor, but he kills alot of them. its all about how you build it and mod it.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Stock for stock sti is faster....same mods intake, BC injectors,exhaust yada yada....still sti is faster. When you buy a wrx you might have money left over ssti's are much more exspesnsive in everyway(insurance) so your buddy is spending all this money trying to beat a better version of his car, why not buy the better version and mod it and have a great car...it all comes down to money. I'm in the process of putting an sti engine in my 99 imprezza. It will kill sti's, and wrx's. Does that me its a better car. No. It means I got a free and and I was bored. Stilll the whole point of me rambleing was that the sti's 2.5 liter will always be superior to the wrx's 2.0.