Would these rims be race or rice?

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
te72;1854383 said:
Justin, you should know by now... car wheels have a "rim" too. That is the part that is inside of the tire, that isn't the spokes. However, it's not very commonly discussed on one piece wheels. ;)

To the OP, I'd probably pass on these wheels, unless you're going for a summer/winter thing, where you swap out wheels/tires when the season calls for it.

LOL...I know. Its just a huge pet peeve with me. Every time Dustin or one of my friends say "rims" i cringe. To me every time i here rim's i think a 88 lincoln that is lifted to fit 24's .l

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
Poodles;1854379 said:
Sorry, I remove my own wheels when I have my tires changed. I've had huge issues with discount tire (stripping locking lug nuts, broken studs, warped rotors from morons with rattleguns).

Yes, I mean the proper bolt on spacers as well. They're just fine (seen them used on race cars specificly to have a wheel that will clear larger brake calipers).

Sometimes a wheel spacer is the only way to accomplish your goal. And as long as you know what your doing there is no problem with a high quality spacer. Its that a lot people don't know what they are doing, and when you lose a wheel on the freeway....people can die.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
I really like the EVO 8 wheels. I had them on my GVR4...Im not quite sure i can picture them on a supra though. we need a Photoshop of this.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Personally I'd go for the Evo wheels, but opinions will always differ. By the way, if you put
, you will post a picture in your post, like so:

scaled.php

Definitely a little tall to start worrying about wheels though. :p

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I agree, I think it'd look terrific lowered just a bit and kept mostly as is. Not crazy about the tiny sidewalls, but then again I've learned to appreciate having a little extra rubber for cruising

Try not to let other people influence your decisions when it comes to taste though..then you'll end up having a crowd-sourced car that you might not even like!