Would like to see a running 2jz in person, Hampton Roads

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Go ahead, get mad at me. I realize it wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had. I'll get another supra, I can't stay away from them. But I need a break from the whole supra project thing. Just for a bit. The long build really threw my car-ness for a loop. Next time I'm doing a lightly modified 7m and leaving it that way until I can do everything in one weekend. Just hang in there for a bit and I'll get things sorted. Just have a lot happening all at once and it's a bit rough.

Yes the nova runs, and runs well so I am not worried right at the moment. So, anyone want a T70?

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Nghty89;1378151 said:
Go ahead, get mad at me. I realize it wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had. I'll get another supra, I can't stay away from them. But I need a break from the whole supra project thing. Just for a bit. The long build really threw my car-ness for a loop. Next time I'm doing a lightly modified 7m and leaving it that way until I can do everything in one weekend. Just hang in there for a bit and I'll get things sorted. Just have a lot happening all at once and it's a bit rough.

Yes the nova runs, and runs well so I am not worried right at the moment. So, anyone want a T70?

Im not mad either, just... we told you to slow down and step by step it. But you went all out. Its all good we live and learn man.

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Lol yes that is true (about the M family comment). I did go a bit over board, but I was so excited to be so close to fulfilling a major several-year dream. I will get another supra down the road, and do it right, bit by bit, the next time without the over-reaction. I'll be able to truly appreciate the vehicle and it's capabilities.

In the meantime, this is actually shaping up to be one mean nova. She doesn't look like much, but after tuning her up and advancing the timing on 87, she hauls ass in a surprisingly good way. Definitely faster than my Supra, pre-rebuild. I think the next step is to replace all of the bushings (NRG suspension polyurethane for $179 on the whole vehicle) so the traction arms actually work, and throw on a 670 avenger carb and she'll be much meaner. I might get a dyno at that point just to see where I am. I think we'll be changing to 93 and advancing the timing some more to see what we can get out of her. For an old motor, this thing is pretty beastly. Let's just say I might be running with glen and his 15 psi fairly soon. Then I'll be able to decide what to trade it for.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Nghty89;1378543 said:
Lol yes that is true (about the M family comment). I did go a bit over board, but I was so excited to be so close to fulfilling a major several-year dream. I will get another supra down the road, and do it right, bit by bit, the next time without the over-reaction. I'll be able to truly appreciate the vehicle and it's capabilities.

In the meantime, this is actually shaping up to be one mean nova. She doesn't look like much, but after tuning her up and advancing the timing on 87, she hauls ass in a surprisingly good way. Definitely faster than my Supra, pre-rebuild. I think the next step is to replace all of the bushings (NRG suspension polyurethane for $179 on the whole vehicle) so the traction arms actually work, and throw on a 670 avenger carb and she'll be much meaner. I might get a dyno at that point just to see where I am. I think we'll be changing to 93 and advancing the timing some more to see what we can get out of her. For an old motor, this thing is pretty beastly. Let's just say I might be running with glen and his 15 psi fairly soon. Then I'll be able to decide what to trade it for.

I dont know, his shit is pretty mean:icon_evil

Well dont get stuck putting to much money in it if your just gonna sell it man. Its gonna turn into another mind twisting project...

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
I think this time I've got something that will do alright. I won't put too much into her, but I think I am going to definitely clean her up and make her quick. At least then I can A) Get something when I trade/sell her, and B) Have fun in it like you should with a Nova. I've always heard they were quick, but never understood until I was driving with the slight tuning last night.

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
mmmmmmmmmm cheesecake.
but wtf landon, a nova?
and glenn i need to come down so i can see your car and get a ride in it and see what 18psi feels like

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Hey, the nova is fun. I think I'm really going to get into this one and get some fun out of it.

Cheesecake is a fair bet. Harris Teeter has an awesome brand. I could get my key lime pie while im there too! :biglaugh: But keep in mind Glenn, I did say it would take a bit. I didn't say today or tomorrow, so don't get too excited there :sarcasm:

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Nghty89;1379219 said:
Hey, the nova is fun. I think I'm really going to get into this one and get some fun out of it.

Cheesecake is a fair bet. Harris Teeter has an awesome brand. I could get my key lime pie while im there too! :biglaugh: But keep in mind Glenn, I did say it would take a bit. I didn't say today or tomorrow, so don't get too excited there :sarcasm:

As long as you change those wheels 1st... They need some:1zhelp:

That thing totally looks like a clunker but hey... You can never judge a book by its cover!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
That is very true man! I will be repainting the rims, but they look good with the 275's in the rear with the traction bars. So far, once we take care of the issues and do a mild rebuild, she should be able to hit 13.2 in the quarter mile. We will see. The piston rings are going bad, so I figure why not tweak it a tiny bit for a small amount of $$$

brs86supra

Nov 5, 2006
suffolk,va.
hmm im wondering if i can do 13s in the 1/4. dayum i miss my poop. sounds like your having fun with the nova. but if it aint broke dont touch it

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
It needs piston rings. Which means 383 Stroker time! Plus some vortec truck heads! I'm pricing everything out and it's going to be cheap and easy power.