Worlds Largest V8 Supra Meet (probably) (not 56K friendly)

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
IJ.;1216832 said:
Yep they seem to stuff UZ's into everything here ;)

Didn't Ed kill an engine recently?

Yeah, It was back in july or aug. I dont remember exact detail but from what I do recall, it spun a rod bearing.. #4 I think....

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
All-Trac;1218665 said:
thats awesome i didnt know guys had v8 supras!

Yeah, its starting to become a pretty popular thing cause the engines are dirt cheap, pretty easy to swap, are noticably lighter then a 7M and stock, make more power and torque then a stock 7M-GTE... They are reliable as a rock too... To add to this, with about 7 or 8 PSI, they'll get you 400hp at the wheels too and still seem to be just a reliable....

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
tbcmorris;1216107 said:
4 v8 supras in one parking lot is pretty frigen sexual

QFT!! It made me lol. :biglaugh:

What about a supercharged UZ? Is there a TRD or other aftermarket SC available for these engines?

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
got_boosted;1219113 said:
QFT!! It made me lol. :biglaugh:

What about a supercharged UZ? Is there a TRD or other aftermarket SC available for these engines?

No TRD package for the early UZ's but there are ones for the later engines. There are aftermarket setups on the market too. They are really just manifold and designed for use with a Eaton M90 and car also be used with a M112 with a different top plate... There is also a member of the lexus comunity that is making brackets to allow the bolting on of a Vortech or Procharger centrifical chargers too..

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
My 1UZ swap is sitting on the back burner...I have all the expensive shit out of the way (adapter, flywheel, etc) just have to get my SC400 finished (some asshole ate a guardrail backwards, but hey I got a good deal on it) then i'm going to finally get back to work on my Supra.

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
cjsupra90;1219168 said:
No TRD package for the early UZ's but there are ones for the later engines. There are aftermarket setups on the market too. They are really just manifold and designed for use with a Eaton M90 and car also be used with a M112 with a different top plate... There is also a member of the lexus comunity that is making brackets to allow the bolting on of a Vortech or Procharger centrifical chargers too..

Sounds like there's potential. :D Maybe that will be my next project once my current money pit reaches some form of completion, whatever that means. lol

Collin

All-Trac

Jan 1, 2009
Arizona
cjsupra90;1218691 said:
Yeah, its starting to become a pretty popular thing cause the engines are dirt cheap, pretty easy to swap, are noticably lighter then a 7M and stock, make more power and torque then a stock 7M-GTE... They are reliable as a rock too... To add to this, with about 7 or 8 PSI, they'll get you 400hp at the wheels too and still seem to be just a reliable....

that is awesome. i am going to have to look into it :naughty:
you just can't beat the growl of a v8 :love:

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Supras need to be forced induction, V-8's included ;)

supra jesus;1219357 said:
I wish i was in America. No one over here has a running 1UZ swap but me.

I'll be in Amsterdam 2-6Feb :sarcasm: Would love to check out the boosted UZ in person!

supra jesus

Nov 8, 2008
Amsterdam
RacerXJ220;1221018 said:

I'll be in Amsterdam 2-6Feb :sarcasm: Would love to check out the boosted UZ in person!

Cool man, keep in touch. Depending on whether or not I'm in town that week, I'd love to meet somewhere. Or are you kidding, judging by that weird smiley face?

jake breyck

Aug 8, 2006
fl
Hey, I dont visit this board hardly at all but bordom brought me here to find this thread. heres a few engine bay pics of my car.

img_1149-900.jpg

img_1150-900.jpg

img_1152-900.jpg

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
supra jesus;1221025 said:
Cool man, keep in touch. Depending on whether or not I'm in town that week, I'd love to meet somewhere. Or are you kidding, judging by that weird smiley face?

I'm quite serious. :) I'll be there for sure.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
GuNDeZZZ;1220942 said:
Ya know Chris, I have yet to see you get on it in your car...

Whats up man???

Dustin, you probably wont see me get on it for a while either.. Im still having that knock issue that I was telling you about and until I have some extra cash to throw it on a dyno for an hour or so to tune it (mainly ign. side of things), its gonna be kinda pussy-footed around... It doesn't make sence cause it is effected by timing change but I cant hear any detonation accuring and if I pull the timing all the way down to 20* total, the ECU no longer shows knock but power drops noticably.. So something is not right somewhere.... As I add back timing, engine picks up power but then it starts to show knock again on the ECU which is a contradiction cause when knock accures, power (more accurately TORQUE) will drop so thats why I want to tune it on a dyno to see when torque actually starts to drop at higher timing setting and see if knock or ping is actually heard and turn knock control off..

RacerXJ220;1221018 said:

I agree fully and some day soon, it will have some HOT TWINS giving it a BLOW JOB!!!!

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
cjsupra90;1224210 said:
Dustin, you probably wont see me get on it for a while either.. Im still having that knock issue that I was telling you about and until I have some extra cash to throw it on a dyno for an hour or so to tune it (mainly ign. side of things), its gonna be kinda pussy-footed around... It doesn't make sence cause it is effected by timing change but I cant hear any detonation accuring and if I pull the timing all the way down to 20* total, the ECU no longer shows knock but power drops noticably.. So something is not right somewhere.... As I add back timing, engine picks up power but then it starts to show knock again on the ECU which is a contradiction cause when knock accures, power (more accurately TORQUE) will drop so thats why I want to tune it on a dyno to see when torque actually starts to drop at higher timing setting and see if knock or ping is actually heard and turn knock control off..

Ah, I thought you got this sorted out.