wondering if i can put an MPG guage in my car

suprakid11

Feb 3, 2007
coopersburg,Pennsylvania
i was driving my friends car and i noticed that in the dash it showed his miles per gallon , not a new feature but i was wondering if you could buy a guage that did that becuase i think that that would b a nice gauge to have in my car is there anything out there for us

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Not to be an ass, but why? Most new cars have them, hell my buddies cobalt has one, doesn't mean its a nice car. I think its lame, kinda like the compass they put in a lot of GM cars. Most of these "MPG Gauges" are inaccurate at best. If you care that much then go for it, I don't wanna stop ya.

But ya know if you know the number of miles you've driven, and divide it by the amount of fuel used, it gives you your MPG, without the extra work weight and power drain of a guage thats pointless at the end of the day.

Sorry if I come off as a prick, but I wouldn't do it.

Good luck with it if you try to make one.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
annoyingrob said:
it will limit your driving accordingly

So it's kind of like driving around on the weekend with the wife in the car? I'll pass.

Yeah, as mentioned the SuperMonitor will tell you MPG, but the minute you start modifying your system forget it.

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
Wills7MGTE said:
I think its lame, kinda like the compass they put in a lot of GM cars.
dude what's wrong with something that tells you which direction you're heading in? i DEFINITELY wouldn't mind one if i were lost in some rural area

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
giant-calculator.jpg

:dunno:

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I don't know if it was available in Europe, but I'm pretty sure it was available in Canada.

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
thats a friggin HUGE calculator!!!!

yea and the Super Monitor (if its even accurate from factory) will no longer be accurate once you mod the car. ;)

thesupe87

ArenaCreative.com
Jun 13, 2005
USA
www.arenacreative.com
Wills7MGTE said:
Not to be an ass, but why? Most new cars have them, hell my buddies cobalt has one, doesn't mean its a nice car. I think its lame, kinda like the compass they put in a lot of GM cars. Most of these "MPG Gauges" are inaccurate at best. If you care that much then go for it, I don't wanna stop ya.

But ya know if you know the number of miles you've driven, and divide it by the amount of fuel used, it gives you your MPG, without the extra work weight and power drain of a guage thats pointless at the end of the day.

Sorry if I come off as a prick, but I wouldn't do it.

Good luck with it if you try to make one.

Yeah, I feel safer with the old fashioned method. Watch your fuel gauge, and fill it from the same point, remember how much you put in, and divide.