Won´t rev past 5500rpm

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
a_sesshoumaru;1543268 said:
it seems like it would hit a brick wall at 5500, it starts accelerating awesome but suddenly it stops, you can even feel you have hit something from the drivers seat, the a/f gets to 14.7 but EGT`s never go above 1100F, even if i leave the foot on the gas pedal it wont go above 5500rpm, it feels like if the engine suddenly turns off, i will try to gap my spark plugs closer on monday as IJ suggested. I know is not a lean condition cause i have a map ecu and i can add fuel as i want it, but i have tried to add lots of fuel and still the same.
And the spark looks blue, i have checked that already.

Low EGT and 14.7 equals lean by lack of fuel. Extra air and lean would get hot. Fix the TPS issue, and then go from there. The TPS tells the ECU your intention. If the voltage drops to almost nothing in that spot, you will go into fuel cut.

This is all assuming you do not have DTC 34 and are not telling us.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
Nick M;1544042 said:
Low EGT and 14.7 equals lean by lack of fuel. Extra air and lean would get hot. Fix the TPS issue, and then go from there. The TPS tells the ECU your intention. If the voltage drops to almost nothing in that spot, you will go into fuel cut.

This is all assuming you do not have DTC 34 and are not telling us.

no code 34, i´d only hit fuel cut with 30psi cause the 850cc injectors and map ecu. Even in the past with 27psi i didnt hit fuel cut. Today i tried to gap my spark plugs to 0.020*, did the reground on the ignitor and cleaned all the grounds around it, problem still there, i will check the ecu this afternoon for leaky condensors but first i am going to buy a TPS, maybe i am not trying the simple first.

cleancarct

Jun 10, 2009
East Hartford CT
Also your mods lists you have a ported and polished head with a new gasket and ARP bolts...... You might have to look into the posibility that the valve springs ( assuming their old or even origional ) may be worn to the point that their causing valve float at thoes rpm's. You can hear your BOV when the engine cuts out and that could be the compressed air in the cylinder leaking out past the intake valve. Good luck with everything.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
a_sesshoumaru;1544206 said:
i´d only hit fuel cut with 30psi cause the 850cc injectors and map ecu. Even in the past with 27psi i didnt hit fuel cut. Today i tried to gap my spark plugs to 0.020*, did the reground on the ignitor and cleaned all the grounds around it, problem still there, i will check the ecu this afternoon for leaky condensors but first i am going to buy a TPS, maybe i am not trying the simple first.

If you have a graphing multimeter like the Fluke 95, you can sweep the TPS to see it is doing. As for fuel cut, it is cut when you decelerate.

http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h25.pdf

Page 16 of 24 for fuel cut that isn't boost related.

Get the TPS figured out, and then we can go from there. You could also have a volume problem, but get everything right that needs to be right.