Wiseco vs JE vs Cp vs Ross Pistons vs Ceramic Coated Stock????

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts, opinions, success stories, or negative feedback on the pistons that they are using. I would also like to know what power level you are at with the piston you are using. Just wanting to get a good feel for the piston choices for the 7M.

Thanks,
Rich

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
from what i know piston is piston, in forged terms, look at gram wieght and skirt clearance for your best bet. lighter=easier to throw, shorter skirt=less contact patch=less friction=equals easier to throw. i prefer JE or Ross myself.
and wrist pins look at those for quality i don't think there's a difference in the pin material but if i recall right JE offers a higher tensil strength pin.

SublimeSupra

Dreams of the Touge
Jan 17, 2006
Largo,Fl
Depends on money but if it were me i would go with ross always have liked there pistons i have owned 3 sets of them for a few small block fords and there great.Pistons didint break only the rods :nono: .Sorry if its off topic with this ford stuff.

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
Ross = heavy...
Je's are around 60g lighter per piston than ross, and have a more equal crown. Ross' pistons have thick and thin spots in the crown, leading to potential weak spots relative to the massively strong spots. JE has a constant thickness meaning no weak or strong spots. iirc a .017" over ross weighs in at 357g versus a .040" over JE at 298g. So I prefer JE, wiseco, mahle, cp, all make a great piston...