(wiring questions)still hear waterfall sound after BHG repair

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
So yeah, the title says it all i think, i still hear it behind the dash when accelorating sometimes, I plan on burping the system and i really hope that's all it is. I had the head and block both cleaned and checked before reassembly, and i'm not seeing any issues with heat either, but after i burp the system if i still hear it what can i do, i can't afford to tear it down and redo the head gasket again.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
I heard this is my girlies Saturn after replacing her water pump, I went to refill it, then drove it and heard a water fall. It was the heater core filling up, Jen I just filled the reservoir up about half way.

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
get a jack put a piece of wood under it and jack the supra as high as you can get it, open the radiator cap and start it let the air build out put the cap on drop the car and fill accordingly.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
^^filled to the cold line when cold also replaced the Rad cap today maybe it was leaking, something else odd, is that it seems when the car is very cold it has no power at all, i know my fan clutch is gone and i have a brand new replacement on order already but it shouldn't feel so dead. I have a 51 code, but i believe that's due to the neutral switch being disengaged (it's a MTX conversion and i haven't jumpered it yet hence the push button start) i do have a few connectors that are by the thermostat that weren't connected before and i don't know what they go to here's a pic: IMG_0911.jpg one has a connector like the knock sensors, the other has a female slot connector like the temp sensor has but i don't have the slightest clue where it goes. I'm going to burp it and make sure the TPS is in spec this weekend but so far when it's warm the car runs well. Hopefully i can resolve all of this soon and get to making it look pretty. I swear if the Headgasket is bad i'm going to drop a chevy motor in it.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
Already have the Tstat connected though, that's the odd thing, i haven't had time to really sort though the wiring diagrams but i don't think they'll help much in this case.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Chaingun;1679806 said:
Already have the Tstat connected though, that's the odd thing, i haven't had time to really sort though the wiring diagrams but i don't think they'll help much in this case.

Well its not a knock sensor, thats for sure. Being those are under the intake plenum, it does look like a sensor on the thermostat housing.

Chaingun

Nov 4, 2010
Mooreland OK
The AC wasn't on, but i haven't had a chance to properly calibrate the TPS yet, i have the female blade connectore that goes to the Temp guage sensor connected already but i have a 2nd one that i don't know where it connects to. As far as the blue one connecting to the Rad fan, i only have one small fan on the drivers side of the motor, and it goes to a connector on that side by the main fuse block. I'm very confused on where these wires should go as they were not connected to begin with when i tore the motor down.