Wiring pressure sensor and temp sensor into AEM.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Swapping out the VPC/SAFC2 in my brother's Supra for a AEM unit. The car is a 91 auto.

Obviously, the unit it plug and play for the most part. We also have the AEM pressure sensor and temp sensors to go with it, but for the life of me, I can't find in the instructions where they PIN in to the AEM unit. He's been looking around on the AEM site and said there wasn't much there, so I figured before calling their tech line I'd post here and someone probably has whatever info I'm missing or can't find.

There is an extra plug on the AEM, but the labels aren't clear as to hooking these up.

Pressure sensor is the typical 3 wire while the temp is 2 (resistance)

Thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
toyotanos;1576452 said:
Check out post #51 in my build thread- this helped out greatly when setting up the wiring.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...-Supra-build&p=1424887&viewfull=1#post1424887

I'm not so sure that AEM will do an auto car, but I don't know. I would also suggest re-wiring the harness/injectors so you can run sequential injection. Makes idle a lot nicer with big injectors.

Thanks, that's what I needed. As far as being an auto, we have the specific model that you can wire into the tranny controller, so it's all good there. For now, we're just running 550's, so they're almost undersized for this application. Had 680's, but he complained about the mileage, so we picked up some 550's. The VPC/SAFC2 didn't seem to have enough adjustment for a FFIM/Q45 which is why it now has the AEM. The turbo is only a gt4082 and the motor is .060 over with 1mm O/S valves, so what little driving it had showed a turbo just ready to spool.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I think that you would love the sequential injection. You can idle big injectors down really nice and with that, you can run cleaner at idle and get that economy back.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
toyotanos;1576499 said:
I think that you would love the sequential injection. You can idle big injectors down really nice and with that, you can run cleaner at idle and get that economy back.

Thanks for the advice. I've never heard of doing that, but sounds like something I'll have to look into. I'm guessing that I can figure it out from your build thread.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I'll try to find the diagram that I printed off, it helps greatly. It lists all the pins on the AEM and what they do/could do. Then it gives you a diagram of the connectors so you can re-wire everything as you see fit.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
+1 vote for sequential and agreement on the smoother operation. Be sure to use the sensor grounds obviously for the temp and pressure sensors or your gonna run into irrugularities and issues.

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
Flateric;1576604 said:
+1 vote for sequential and agreement on the smoother operation. Be sure to use the sensor grounds obviously for the temp and pressure sensors or your gonna run into irrugularities and issues.

+1 for diagrams and instructions for wiring sequential injection.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
p1577003_1.jpg

To setup the sequential injection follow this.

Injector 4 pin 10C
Injector 5 pin 11C
Injector 6 pin 12C

Then to set it up in AEM pro.
Click "options" then "injectors"
Injectors 1,2,3,7,8,9,10 should be set to "active" and "O2 feedback 1" and "primary"
4,5,6 should not have anything selected.

Then go to "fuel" and then "advanced fuel" then "injector phasing" and finally "options"

Set the injector phase to 0
Inject Tooth #01=19.00
Inject Tooth #02=11.00
Inject Tooth #03=3.00
Inject Tooth #04=0
Inject Tooth #05=0
Inject Tooth #06=0
Inject Tooth #07=15.00
Inject Tooth #08=23.00
Inject Tooth #09=7.00
Inject Tooth #10=0

After that you should be good to go on sequential fuel.

Credit goes to Sean Truax (funky_monkey58) and Xman for this procedure

My own notes: Set injectors 7, 8, 9 for knock feedback #2
Injector #10 needs to be on or else you get strange misfires on random cylinders, even though no injector #10 exists.

I never ran new wires for the injectors, I just used the EGR temp sensor wire, the EGR and Fuel press VSV signal wires then wired those wires to injectors 4, 5, and 6.

ae86ma70

Jul 24, 2008
Atlanta
Thanks!

But at the same time, rats. I just realized that I've got the 30-1110 (87-88), and that the pins will be different. I'll cross the two EMS pinouts and figure it out. Thanks all the same.

Last edited: