Wiring Help

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
I just purchased a Aem Tru boost boost controller and aem uego wideband. Where is the best place to splice the wires from these into. It needs to be 12v fused swiched. Any help is appreciated
chris

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I ran my switched 12v off the ignition switch. which iirc is fused. have had no issues with my wideband or tru boost.

Also depends on where you mount your gauges. for easy access and less wiring

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
You could splice into the wire itself. You don't have to get rid of it if you choose not too. It is protected by a 15amp fuse. It is up too you if you want to add the extra fuse. It is not necessary in my opinion. They are nothing else on that circuit that would be of concern. Here is the wiring diagram. I'm not a smoker so I could care less about the lighter.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?S=Main&P=128

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Should i use the wideband and tru boost on just that one wire? And i know this is just personal preferencewould it be ideal to mount it somewhere around the radio?

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
SupraKid;1599048 said:
Should i use the wideband and tru boost on just that one wire? And i know this is just personal preferencewould it be ideal to mount it somewhere around the radio?

Yes. The cig. lighter wire should be a good size wire to splice into for both devices. I just would not plug the lighter itself in but anything that you choose to plug in such as gps will not pull no amps. You are talking about low amps on all the guages. I have my safc II where the cig. tray use to be. It fit nice.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Ill just throw that crap in the garbage, Dont want to be annoying but, How long are the hoses and wires that are supplied with the tru boost and wideband

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
SupraKid;1599055 said:
Ill just throw that crap in the garbage, Dont want to be annoying but, How long are the hoses and wires that are supplied with the tru boost and wideband

That is another question for someone else. It is like everything that you run into sometimes you might have to length the wires to put it where you want it but maybe not. I'm logging off. It is bedtime for me.:icon_bigg

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Tapping and/or splicing are different than cutting. By tapping/splicing all attached devices get power. I recently read a post on the "other" forum where a guy splices in to the Cig Lighter for everything he adds. This will make him a sad supra owner someday. ;) Try to spread out your power connections a bit...

Don't make it hard on yourself. Just use the most accessible power source.

That being said, it is a good idea to use a power source that isn't powering something that is critical to car function.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
Yea i think i may be over looking it. Thanks for the advice. I should be getting my parts next week, still have to change head gasket, and then ill start wiring it all up. Thanks canjun and supracrazy.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I am running the aem tru boost, like said off the ignition switch. I have that and wideband mounted on pillar and that mean less wiring to run. The included wiring with tru boost for solenoid is more than enough length to reach past front bumper. I pulled mine through firewall on driverside around firewall behind engine and down passenger fender close to afm. This makes for vac line length not being extremely long to reach turbo. Did same with wideband have more than enough extra. just coiled up and tucked away for the just incase i decide to move stuff.