Wiring Harness Replacement Clips - Where to buy?

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
I was just gonna do the HG replacement on my 87 MK3 Turbo, but I noticed that the wire loom was flaking and falling apart. I started taking out some clips and they all fell apart upon coming off from their respective places. That includes the coolant sensor, fuel injector clips, TPS, etc.

Can we buy the replacement clips? And just do a cut and re solder kind of job? A new harness is not cheap....and I am trying to find another way of refurbishing the old wire harness. Let me know if you gals/guys have a source where to purchase them or it they are available from Toyota.

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
Ive decided to just solder the wiring straight to the sensors on my t-stat housing. Of course I changed out my stat and the sensors before I did that so I wont have to take it apart again

reydio

Supramania Contributor
Oct 3, 2008
Pearl City
92TealSupra;1163738 said:
I have two cut up hanress with good plugs on them let me know I can clip some off for you, beats paying the big money.

Thanks, I'm gonna find out tomorrow how much the engine harness is. I just removed a lof of the clips and pretty much 90% are all cracked with tabs broken and the outer covering is so hard that it won't bend at all without cracking. I just cut them off with a scissor and re wrap with a high quality electrical tape.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
reydio;1163781 said:
Thanks, I'm gonna find out tomorrow how much the engine harness is. I just removed a lof of the clips and pretty much 90% are all cracked with tabs broken and the outer covering is so hard that it won't bend at all without cracking. I just cut them off with a scissor and re wrap with a high quality electrical tape.

Hehe, hope you plan on paying around 500-700 for one, I have one coming in I no longer need... I paid 530.00 shipped from japan should be in by the 31st, I won't need it though, I am doing a 1jz swap so...

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
92TealSupra;1163805 said:
Hehe, hope you plan on paying around 500-700 for one, I have one coming in I no longer need... I paid 530.00 shipped from japan should be in by the 31st, I won't need it though, I am doing a 1jz swap so...

You willing to let that go?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
tbcmorris;1163829 said:
You willing to let that go?

You want the hanress?

Yes, I am trying to find a serious buyer for this. It is was the last one left. It was not in the U.S, and will be here soon as I stated. I will let it go for 500.00 shipped to any of the 48 States, but again I am looking for someone that truly needs this, it's going to be a beautiful piece.