wires

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
they look like body plugs. take off your glove box and the plastc cover on top of it and there shoudl be your heater core and youy should find those plugs around there

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
What year is your car? Those plugs are designed to plug into a 90+ year car. If you have an 89 they likely won't work.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
For some reason I can't enlarge your thumbnail pic, but from what can see; it appears your holding the 14 wire plug and 2 wire plug that come off the same harness that plugs into the little white climate control box. Both of which plug in right behind the glove box. If the climate control box is connected, give that plugs harness a good tug and follow where the missing plugs are trapped. When reinstalling my dash, I too was having difficulty locating those plugs. I ended up going to the junkyard and looking an MKIII there to see where the wires ran. Mine were found to be trapped between the upper right of the dash and the dash brace.

Fyi, my car is a 90T; so I don't know if you even have a climate control box on your vehicle. If you don't, I wouldn't worry about those wires.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
MarkIII4Me;1450025 said:
For some reason I can't enlarge your thumbnail pic, but from what can see; it appears your holding the 14 wire plug and 2 wire plug that come off the same harness that plugs into the little white climate control box. Both of which plug in right behind the glove box. If the climate control box is connected, give that plugs harness a good tug and follow where the missing plugs are trapped. When reinstalling my dash, I too was having difficulty locating those plugs. I ended up going to the junkyard and looking an MKIII there to see where the wires ran. Mine were found to be trapped between the upper right of the dash and the dash brace.

Fyi, my car is a 90T; so I don't know if you even have te control box on your vehicle. If you don't, I wouldn't worry about those wires.
I have an 89 I have climant contorls but that's not it my 1hz haness isn't lining up to my body plug

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
The gray plug is the B3 plug, which you won't have under your dash if you don't have ABS or TEMS etc.

The white plug is B2 and is for additional accessory wires 90+ car (more TEMS stuff, cruise etc).

So neither of those plugs are actually needed if you don't have these accessories. You only need M1 (gauge wiring) and B1 to run the car.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1450145 said:
The gray plug is the B3 plug, which you won't have under your dash if you don't have ABS or TEMS etc.

The white plug is B2 and is for additional accessory wires 90+ car (more TEMS stuff, cruise etc).

So neither of those plugs are actually needed if you don't have these accessories. You only need M1 (gauge wiring) and B1 to run the car.

I got the harnass ran and the ecu in the stock spot under the glove box, I was wondering why one plug has 16 wires and the other has 12. NOT the options plug!

Attachments

• DSC02054.jpg
    DSC02054.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC02056.jpg
    DSC02056.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC02055.jpg
    DSC02055.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 11

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
karlmk3;1450176 said:
I got the harnass ran and the ecu in the stock spot under the glove box, I was wondering why one plug has 16 wires and the other has 12. NOT the options plug!

EDIT: Sorry, it looks like you might have the right plug under your dash...do they just have different numbers of pins or do they not plug in. (I'm trying to determine what wiring you have in your 89 since it varies.)

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
The ecu harnass has 12 pins and doesnt plug into the body plug it has 16 pins. The smaller plug doesnt plug in either and has more pins.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
karlmk3;1450199 said:
The ecu harnass has 12 pins and doesnt plug into the body plug it has 16 pins. The smaller plug doesnt plug in either and has more pins.

Alright, then you've basically got what's considered pre 89 wiring in your car. Your 1jz harness is wired for a 90+ car, so none of the plugs will match up as you've noticed.

You will need to have the harness rewired for a pre 89 style car or make an adapter for that harness to plug into your car.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1450205 said:
Alright, then you've basically got what's considered pre 89 wiring in your car. Your 1jz harness is wired for a 90+ car, so none of the plugs will match up as you've noticed.

You will need to have the harness rewired for a pre 89 style car or make an adapter for that harness to plug into your car.

So when i make the adapter for both plugs do i leave the xtra wires?

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
Well, some of the extra pins on the main plug go to different plugs. For example, the 90+ B1 plug has the progressive power steering wires included in it. The 89 progressive wires are on their own plug, the one you have pictured with only two wires going to it.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
JonoTurbo;1450222 said:
Well, some of the extra pins on the main plug go to different plugs. For example, the 90+ B1 plug has the progressive power steering wires included in it. The 89 progressive wires are on their own plug, the one you have pictured with only two wires going to it.

ok can some one give me a chart of what the other wires are that are on my body plug or tell me so i can wire them in correctly