Wire harness question

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
So i finish with the new motor i put in, i go to crank it and nothing. The motor i got came with a auto harness i used that and just plugged into my m/t ecu. Do i still have to bypass the neutral safety switch to get it to start or would that only be with a a/t ecu.
Hope someone can help me out.

spinyard

always lurking..
Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
for some reason i dont think you can do that man. i think the pin outs on the ecu are different. you have a auto ecu to try?

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
SupraKid;1516634 said:
So i finish with the new motor i put in, i go to crank it and nothing. The motor i got came with a auto harness i used that and just plugged into my m/t ecu. Do i still have to bypass the neutral safety switch to get it to start or would that only be with a a/t ecu.
Hope someone can help me out.
You Can't use a Auto harness with a M/T ecu.

You will either have to buy a M/T harness, or buy an auto ECU, put a jumper in for the neutral switch and wire the reverse lights.

depending on what you want to do I should have a NA auto ECU laying around.

SupraKid

Jan 2, 2009
Santa Teresa, NM
i have the m/t harness from my other motor, i used the a/t harness because it was connected to the motor i got and it seemed easier to just use that. Every thing connected fine the only thing thats not connected is the 4 plugs needed for the auto tranny.