Windshield Is there a outlet for new ones?

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
The hardest part will be finding a used one you can pull out w/o breaking it in the process.

Last I looked into one, it was $150 -175 installed. (new aftermarket, that is.)

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Thats why I always get full glass coverage on my vehicles. I only pay like 300 a year more for 2 vehicles and in the last 6 months I've used it 3 times in the last 3 months. First i put a log thru my trucks rear slider moving firewood, then I had a pack of baseboard thru my new slider, some lady cut me off, i jacked the brakes and the wood went right into the windshield. Then I left a can of coolant in the front seat of my car. Car got too hot, can vented and shot into the windshield. Those 3 incidents would have cost me $800-900. Instead I paid nothing. Moral of the story, shit happens, if you have insurance you dont have to loose sleep (or your savings) over it. especially if someone breaks say your quarter pannel window. I can only imagine how much that would cost. Glass coverage is the way to go.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
HommerSimpson;1368831 said:
Cracked my windshield.. called around here.. 280 installed.. Is there a outlet for new ones around ? Im thinking a used one in mint shape is not going to be easy to find.
Thanks
Greg

Did you crack it in the process of building your dash?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
HommerSimpson;1369265 said:
no two small rust holes at top and i was picking at the rust trying to get it out.. walked around to other side and could see crack.. guess i picked to hard... was a very shitty day..that day

hah, that sucks.

Wasn't trying to make fun, just curious :)

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
I recently used Safelite to replace an old windshield.

http://www.safelite.com/

I'm pretty satisfied.

Around ~$220 for the cost of the glass and the intallation.

I did buy new window mouldings ahead of time from Toyota, so that isn't factored into that quote. I wouldn't recommend reusing your old ones.

It's not OEM glass though, so if you're particular about that, look elsewhere. They custom cut their own glass. I personally couldn't tell.