window nets

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
ok ive been considering window nets for a long time now. first i think it looks cool. my AC is broken and i live in the desert. so that means it never rains and my windows are Always down when not in the garage.

i think it would be a decent anti theft device too(they have ones with locks). windows are easy to break, cutting though all that heavy material would take alot longer. then of course theres the actual safety issues with it.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Wills7MGTE said:
ummm I don't know man, I can see your point but its a bit too nascar for me.

ya the whole redneck think im not to into lol.

next thing you know my doors are welded shut and im climbing in through the window :greddy2:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
a window net whould be neat i do ti if had reson to do it

cgae frist then i can add in window net

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
plexyglass is hard to brake too and not so easy for the cops to tell you have it im putting plexyglass windows in my vw now big weaght diffence

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Cup_of_suprA said:
If you want to stay cool i would put a roof scoop in, a little more rally/sportscar racing look then a nascar look

ya id try everything i can to keep it away from nascar style. old muscle car or rally style would be cool.

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
lol just go find on of thous old ac units you put in you window that looks like a jet engine good fix til you get you ac fixed then you can just chuck it. lol

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
whenmunkysfly said:
lol just go find on of thous old ac units you put in you window that looks like a jet engine good fix til you get you ac fixed then you can just chuck it. lol

i dont want the ac. anything that doesnt make the car go fast, stop fast, handle better or save me in a crashi want out of the car :naughty:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
iwannadie said:
i dont want the ac. anything that doesnt make the car go fast, stop fast, handle better or save me in a crashi want out of the car :naughty:

So you've pulled out the radio, climate controls, interior, etc?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
yeah, you should build an aluminum dash with just a tach, oil pressure, fuel pressure, boost, afr, then a single carbon/kevlar fixed back seat
remove all undercoating, carpeting, sound deadening, and fender liners.
buy a hole saw assortment and go to work on the door panels, and anything non-structural. learn to tig real well, then build a 10pt chromoly cage.
fuel cell, so on, so forth blah blah blah.

then and only then, should you have a window net.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
KeithH said:
So you've pulled out the radio, climate controls, interior, etc?

all but the radio yes. im undecided on it so far. its a simple HU and 2 5x9s so its not an elaborate system. once i really begin to gut and put bars in it will be gone.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
figgie said:
a fat hippo is a fat hippo even if you cut two feet off!!

why keep stuff in the car i dont use? my goal over all isnt weightloss, its to remove the junk i dont use/want.

maybe this isnt the right forum for me after all. just because i dont want to add 500 pounsd of faux carbon and other ricer garbage lol. maybe if i said i wanted window nets with leds on it or something it would go over big.