Wierd brake lights?

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
I have an 86.5 supra. And I just installed some JDM 89+ tailights. Now my brake lights dont work when I have the new bulb holders. Everything else works like turn signals and reverse except brake lights.
But i experimented :biglaugh: and i put on the left side one Pre 89 bulb holder and on the right i put one 89+ bulb holder and What do you know both work. Now what could be the problem? could it be my left bulb 89+ holder is bad or something. Or do i just need a new failure Module? Also have OEM tailight if thats a factor.
Thanks!

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Issue might be caused by the fact that jdm taillight holders don't have wiring for rear side markers...

Also are the bulbs in working order? Swap them from your current bulb holder and see if that works...

I installed usdm 89+ tails on my girls 86.5 Supra and everything worked fine on the yellow box. Afterward I added an 89+ wing and an ivory box and everything functions as it should...

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Just the bulb holders, they're very easy to source, actually..

I also forgot, check the bulb contacts for corrosion, 1157s are dual filament bulbs, and while the parking lights may function, the brake light contacts may have corrosion, or may have oxidized, and prevent contact...

Also make sure they're put in the right way. I've seen 1157s go in bothways on certain cars...

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
RazoE;1222974 said:
Just the bulb holders, they're very easy to source, actually..

I also forgot, check the bulb contacts for corrosion, 1157s are dual filament bulbs, and while the parking lights may function, the brake light contacts may have corrosion, or may have oxidized, and prevent contact...

Also make sure they're put in the right way. I've seen 1157s go in bothways on certain cars...

I bought 2 tailight failure boxes one from pre 89 and one from 89+ the only one that worked was the 89+ but thanks anyways! They are now fixed. Off to fix the major tailight leakage!!!!!!:3d_frown: