WI Supra owners.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1749868 said:
I might just make a ghetto plate for now or is there any problems that could occur by having the lower egr tube open? ( possible fire, or overheating )

I wouldn't do it, by lower tube you mean the part coming off the head to the intake? Why are you even blocking it off?

Sam

usdm_anon

Mar 20, 2010
Madison, WI
Yea the lower part that connects to the head is still on, Im removing it because i deleted my vaccum system and also figured exhaust gas going back in the engine isnt very good for it.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
usdm_anon;1750044 said:
figured exhaust gas going back in the engine isnt very good for it.

Do you know what the EGR valve actually does? I dont think you do..

Better fuel econ, cooler EGTs, etc. I would just leave it alone.

BTW, check out the WI thread on SF. Talking about a mini meet tomorrow (Sat) Hopefully you guys can make it out!

Sam

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
87M-GTE;1750094 said:
Better fuel econ, cooler EGTs, etc. I would just leave it alone.

Better fuel econ - that is debateable, less oxygen to burn with fuel, but also less efficient combustion, most things I have seen show better fuel econ without EGR...I know the does not jive with what some people on this site think though. I really wish I would have gotten rid of it on my 7m when I built it last year...oh well.

Cooler EGT's - this is only applicable at light throttle conditions when EGT's are not high by our on boost standards anyway. The only real purpose of EGR is to reduce NOx emissions.

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
i cant find where anything is lol i found the injectors and oil pressure sender stuff, fuse box, and more. but still have like 5 or 6 plugs that dont know where it goes? plus the water senders that were swapped i cant find those plugs lol

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
pagii;1751577 said:
i cant find where anything is lol i found the injectors and oil pressure sender stuff, fuse box, and more. but still have like 5 or 6 plugs that dont know where it goes? plus the water senders that were swapped i cant find those plugs lol

Do you have the supra repair manual? You will be able to trace the plugs wires by color to see what they are.
Where are you at with the project?

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
no but i could look it up on the tsrm online. as for where im at its just wiring, connecting the tranny, and putting it in. i need a fee small stuff which should be coming in soon!

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
Hey Guys!

Sorry for not updating sooner...

YES we are still on for the Meet this saturday in Milwaukee!

First off who is all in? I know besides myself, my friend TJ is in also with his MKIV sooo.....

1.Sam
2.TJ
3. ( add yourself :) )

So hopefully we can all meet up before noon.

I was thinking of meeting at a park n ride somewhere in the MKE area, possibly going to the Auto-X at miller park or something else - wether it be just a meet n greet, eat somewhere as a group or cruise , etc..
Some of us on Supraforums were talking about possibly watching the TX2K11 DVD, we'll see how the day/night goes.

Sam

Last edited:

pagii

Oct 11, 2010
Madison, WI
1.Sam
2.TJ
3.Chip
4.Anon

soo its around noon, I also need an address, Im not very familiar with milwaukee.

I gotta finish up some things before I can make it out

*edit

This is usdm_anon, my brother is still logged in haha