WI Supra owners.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
It was the 90 right behind the head on the passenger side. Now I'm having more problems my car doesn't seem as fast as it should. I know my BOV leaks because I disconnected it and plugged the vacuum line and it pulls harder than with it connected but its still not normal it kind of chugs under throttle. Any ideas? My AFRs under WOT are about 10.5 which seems really rich to me.

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
Supraflymk3;1612076 said:
It was the 90 right behind the head on the passenger side. Now I'm having more problems my car doesn't seem as fast as it should. I know my BOV leaks because I disconnected it and plugged the vacuum line and it pulls harder than with it connected but its still not normal it kind of chugs under throttle. Any ideas? My AFRs under WOT are about 10.5 which seems really rich to me.

Yeah that's the same hose I had get a pinhole leak on me.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
You got coolant on your foot while driving and a hose in the engine bay was the culprit? No, its called a heater core or your story does not add up. Coolant can only get inside the car by the heater core.

EDIT - Not trying to be an ass with this, i think it might sound that way though. Hope we are just mis-understanding your description and the Coolant bypass pipe hose is the culprit

Last edited:

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Theres a grommet that supposed to seal up the hole where the throttle cable goes through but my car doesn't have a grommet and that like right behind where it ruptured so I'm just assuming the pressure shot it in through that hole. I'm not an idiot.

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
sorry to break up this coolant argument, but is anybody going to HIN in Chicago later this month? Don't really want to go but if I get forced to, it would be nice to go in a convoy...

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
supradjza80;1612344 said:
You got coolant on your foot while driving and a hose in the engine bay was the culprit? No, its called a heater core or your story does not add up. Coolant can only get inside the car by the heater core.

EDIT - Not trying to be an ass with this, i think it might sound that way though. Hope we are just mis-understanding your description and the Coolant bypass pipe hose is the culprit

I agree. Thats why I mensioned the heater core return hose on the drivers side.
Something doesn't add up, or there is a missunderstanding..

marc1131;1612598 said:
sorry to break up this coolant argument, but is anybody going to HIN in Chicago later this month? Don't really want to go but if I get forced to, it would be nice to go in a convoy...

I drove down to HIN a couple years ago, I wouldn't take the supra there again if I had a choice..too many idiot ricers/inexperienced drivers, etc.

Sam

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Supraflymk3;1612076 said:

My car with stock electronics was always mid to low 10 afr's from stock boost all the way to 17/18 lbs. That is from stock (no upgrades) all the way to where the car is now, stock AFR's are pig rich with these cars.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

Supraflymk3;1612594 said:
Theres a grommet that supposed to seal up the hole where the throttle cable goes through but my car doesn't have a grommet and that like right behind where it ruptured so I'm just assuming the pressure shot it in through that hole. I'm not an idiot.

nobody called you an idiot, i just said it made no sense.

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
87M-GTE;1612644 said:
I drove down to HIN a couple years ago, I wouldn't take the supra there again if I had a choice..too many idiot ricers/inexperienced drivers, etc.
Sam

Yea, if I go I won't be driving. But it would be nice to drive with other cars in the fleet

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
marc1131;1613351 said:
Yea, if I go I won't be driving. But it would be nice to drive with other cars in the fleet

Yeah, well there is always a bunch of cars driving down there, so you never know what you might run into

Where in SE WI are you?

Sam

May 19, 2006
SE Wisconsin
87M-GTE;1613389 said:
Yeah, well there is always a bunch of cars driving down there, so you never know what you might run into

Where in SE WI are you?

Sam

Muskego, it's just south of milwaukee

SupraOfDoom;1613730 said:
any local supra friends here, $400 picked up for my cf hatch. I need the money asap so if you guys can find $400 please do :(.

Wish i could help, but no real need for a cf hatch. You still have that nose piece?

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
So guys I'm pissed. I just got my 7M-GET running less than 2 weeks ago and I blew the head gasket on it on my way up to my cottage on Friday. Luckily it happened right around my cottage. I'm pissed because I have ARP Head Studs and I'm running stock wastegate pressure but I'm still pulling about 10 psi. So in a week or two I'm going to go back up to my cottage and replace the headgasket up north. And I was just getting all the little bugs worked out of it too!

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
It was just a stock paperone on it. I didn't touch the headgasket because the guy i bought the engine from told me the head was replaced 15000 miles ago so i left it alone and just removed one bolt at a time and replaced it with a stud. if it was still running good by next sunday i would've passed on autox becuase my lower control arm bushings are super shot and so are my brakes and struts. so over the winter its getting all new suspension then she'll be good to go for next summer.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

I should say stock graphite or whatever comes in those ebay kits because thats what it looked like the other gaskets were. Just making an assumption though.

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Ahh I see, not sure how i feel about replacing one bolt on a time for a headgasket like that. I know many people have done it and say it was successful but also wonder how many end up in your situation. If you would like, I have an OEM Toyota Gasket that I have left over from my OEM engine gasket set if you are interested...I don't need it. I am thinking 50-60$ is fair for it.