WI Supra owners.

D TR41N

Apr 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
supradaddy84;1059455 said:
yeah saw both of yous... you left then everybody else took off don't know where they were headed but i just went home..

Yah i wasn't too into the scene, but i really wanted to check out some more supras. Oh well maybe next time. I'm gonna try to go to the next auto-x

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
Hey Matt, you still interested in a 87 hardtop? Theres a guy on another one of my forums that has one he's looking to get 3k obo for. Let me know if you want me to pm you the pics, the car needs a little work(body), but it's got potential!

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Finally, some Wisconsin MKIII people! I've got a situation going here, and I could use some help! My 89 Supra Turbo is making a lot of clunking noises when going slow in 1st or reverse, and especially when turning the wheels (although this might be something different). I spoke with the previous mechanic (from the previous owner) and they said that the rear end differential could be replaced. I took it to Meineke today and they hoisted her up, and of course the differential is leaking fluid pretty badly.

Ultimately I want to replace the differential and clear up any driveline problems so that the car is reliable. I live in Waukesha, and am considering taking it to Phil's Auto, as I have heard a few good things about them. Do you know of any other shops in the area that are honest and provide good service at a fair cost? Where can I get a good used differential with low miles?

Thanks for helping out a fellow WI Supra Owner!

Ben

benk777@gmail.com

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
benk777;1067829 said:
Finally, some Wisconsin MKIII people! I've got a situation going here, and I could use some help! My 89 Supra Turbo is making a lot of clunking noises when going slow in 1st or reverse, and especially when turning the wheels (although this might be something different). I spoke with the previous mechanic (from the previous owner) and they said that the rear end differential could be replaced. I took it to Meineke today and they hoisted her up, and of course the differential is leaking fluid pretty badly.

Ultimately I want to replace the differential and clear up any driveline problems so that the car is reliable. I live in Waukesha, and am considering taking it to Phil's Auto, as I have heard a few good things about them. Do you know of any other shops in the area that are honest and provide good service at a fair cost? Where can I get a good used differential with low miles?

Thanks for helping out a fellow WI Supra Owner!

Ben

benk777@gmail.com

I would just look in the for sale section on here and post a wanted thread in the parts wanted section. Its probably cheaper to get a used one than it would cost to fix yours.

benk777

Jun 18, 2008
Waukesha, WI
I definitely want to get a used one instead of fixing the existing. I found one on ebay with 140k miles for $300 shipped. How many hours of labor should I expect? Is this something I could easily do myself?

Thanks.

Ben

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
benk777;1067872 said:
I definitely want to get a used one instead of fixing the existing. I found one on ebay with 140k miles for $300 shipped. How many hours of labor should I expect? Is this something I could easily do myself?

Thanks.

Ben

personally I have no idea. when are you looking to install it? if its not for another week or two I might be able to give you a hand.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
:biglaugh::biglaugh:Alright, the weather for this saturday finally is gonna be nice:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Meet/Cruise at hwy 100. Culvers parking lot at 9:00pm. whos down???

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
I move down to school that weekend, I don't know if I'm taking my daily or the supra yet. On the bright side I'll be in IL so if I do take the supra it will be a shorter drive.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
Unfortunately not, I was gonna get some on there but found another set of rims I want. The rims are in really good shape, and like I said have all four center caps. If you want some pictures or want to meet up to check em out, let me know. As mentioned, the price is obo.

Sparkynutz

Sad previous supra owner
Feb 27, 2006
Waupun, WI
does anyone know of a good local place to try on helmets from drag racing? I'd just order one from online but want to find out how they fit and what size I need.

Sil

Evil Empire
Jan 13, 2008
Milwaukee/Chicago
Go to your local bike shop, they should sell hjc bike helmets, the sizings the same. Then order a motorsports version if your going hjc, which I assume you are because the rest of the helmets are crazy expensive. Just ordered my AR-10 not too long ago, its sweet.

I got a hookup on my helmet, even w/o the hookup I'd recommend getting it from TF (tougefactory.com). Nice shop, and you can either go pick it up if your going to Chicago or it will be roughly 11 bucks shipped to ya.

87M-GTE

Slow
Sep 12, 2007
Milwaukee WI
I think were all thinking the same thing...
Supra meet at greatlakesdragaway! I think we should go on a friday night, cause it wont be as crowded as on, say import wars or another organized event.

How bout August 1st