Why don't more MK3's Drag race?

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
I'm not big on going to the track, I believe i shouldn't be at the track until the car is ready... The problem is the car has never been ready in 8 years ;) Always something to do.

I also always seem to break stuff as well which doesn't help... I usually go during the big meets but never go during the year outside of the meets.

Hopefully this year I can actually put a time to match my dyno numbers form over the years.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
frontierguy25;1237724 said:
As the title says.... What's the excuses?? I have been having a blast lately drag racing! It is a lot of fun to pull up to a domestic and run with them. My car is Basic BPU and I love taking to the strip!!

Wow?! I have 3 roomates and they are all out of work. Times are tough right now, lots of friends have had their hours cut or laid off, and I'm more worried about having a job for the next 6 months.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Yup, I know how you guys feel, I was laid off about a month ago. I still go to the track because it's close and only $15 to run. It takes my mind off of things!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Ill be out there at one point in time this summer. First pass will be like a 15, but by the end of the day I hope to be in the 12s.

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
Holy thread revivial!!! I think it's just something with us ICE BLUE supras.... we all like to race! Supra Nasty sorry I forgot your first name.... you bringing the car to TX this year?

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
I will be drag racing this summer once I finish rebuilding my 7mge. Hopeing to break into high 14s with drag radials, and a gutted interior!!!!!

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
when I get mine sorted, i'll give it a blast... if all goes to plan, i'll need an ANDRA license after a couple of passes...

it'll never be as good for DYO racing as the ambo, but it should also be at least 6 seconds quicker :)

ricerkid

Jul 8, 2009
St. Louis
well i am in the middle of gathering parts for my engine rebuild, i kind of want to gut my interior because it smells(probably a dead animal somewhere) i don't know if i am getting drag radials because shocks, clutch, and bushings are first on the to do list, and i don't know about the 14's part; i just wanna race my car!!!

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
supranasty;1518118 said:
NY to TX I must pack my Rabbit´s foot. LOL Trying too again, I am running well though.

I'm from Corning/Elmira area its a long ass drive here to TX! My head gasket blew so I pulled it all out last night and tore it all down and now its at the machine shop and turbos at the shop getting rebuilt and parts being powder coated! I'm hoping to put down about 500rwhp finally with some race gas! Want my 11.5 with my little bolt on turbo!

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
frontierguy25;1519620 said:
I'm from Corning/Elmira area its a long ass drive here to TX! My head gasket blew so I pulled it all out last night and tore it all down and now its at the machine shop and turbos at the shop getting rebuilt and parts being powder coated! I'm hoping to put down about 500rwhp finally with some race gas! Want my 11.5 with my little bolt on turbo!
Good luck ,I know that job well.Was the block decked ?

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
The block was just decked in May when I did the rebuild and they are going to deck it again if it needs it as well as the head.. So hopefully I can get this done this weekend.. I'll have it back by friday with all my other parts! Just wanna get some tuning with this thing before I go to Houston..