why do our cars rust in the same spot?

queenskid926

Tires yeling @ every Lite
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
www.myspace.com
Boosted516;1426250 said:
Ive been looking for a clean shell for sometime now, and i just thought of why do our cars rust by the wheelwells? Any explanation?

Old 20+ yrs of Our chasis having to fight with north east coast winters, rain, snow and ice, and salt during the winters. Over time any car on th eastcoast will rust and oxidize.

Thats why my supra is from california and the dude drove it to jersey 3 yrs ago when he was relocated in the military and i have a supra thats only been on the east coast winters for less than 4 yrs lol O yea.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ALL cars will rust there because it's where dirt/water/salt/ice will stick during the winter. Our cars are galvanized so they resist it fairly well, but salt destroys cars...

aaron_arthur

Jul 30, 2008
London
You also have to think about how well the person takes care of the car. I am from Canada and mines a 90 and there is pretty much no rust on my car at all! which is why i couldnt turn the car down when i saw it. no rust in the spare tire area or around the wheel wells and it is the original paint job as well!

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Poodles;1426263 said:
ALL cars will rust there because it's where dirt/water/salt/ice will stick during the winter. Our cars are galvanized so they resist it fairly well, but salt destroys cars...

+1

Cars rust in areas where contaninants can be trapped. For example the older trim pannels were a prime canidate.
90s and some 2000 hondas/acuras all develop the classic rear wheel rust spot. This is caused by the rubber coated metal cover that they put inside the rear window, around the wheel well. This thing does and excellet job of trapping a nice dirt/salt/moisture cocktail. If you ever buy a honda, or another car that has something similar. The first thing you should do is remove it and wash that area.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
Explaination:

Simple, My guess would be all ours cars are made identical so, they have same indentical sheet metal stampings, and so water gets in the indentical openings and crevices, resulting in identical problem. Conclusion: rust in same spot.

Henry Lee; forensic expert..........:eek3: