Why do most of the MKIII owners not buy hood struts?

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I don't know all i know is i've replaced both hood and hatch struts its a few bucks and i dont need to effin stick in my car to keep the hood open. I need that room for tools when the shit breaks down LOL..

veedubin

Official SM Decals
Suprapowaz!(2);1839789 said:
Yes they do. Well, at least the Monroe max lift ones do.

Just got the hood struts in from rock auto - Monroe Max lift. Not only do they come with the lower mounting hardware (on the inner fender apron) they also come with new upper mounting hardware! Sweet! I can't put them on yet, as I still have my hood in "service position" while finishing up this swap.... Soon though, soon.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Not sure where you guys are getting these cheap struts from, here they are $45.00 nzd a piece, and that's with staff rates, close to cost price.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
ryansmith;1840094 said:
Not sure where you guys are getting these cheap struts from..

They are ordering them from one of our U.S. based vendors Rock Auto. I don't know if they'd ship to NZ, but I suspect the shipping would probably make it too expensive for you.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
ryansmith;1840094 said:
Not sure where you guys are getting these cheap struts from..

They are ordering them from one of our U.S. based vendors Rock Auto. I don't know if they'd ship to NZ, but I suspect the shipping would probably make it too expensive for you.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Supracentral;1840104 said:

Yeah I guess the shipping cost will bring it up to how much I am required to pay for them locally, cheers for the link though