Who's used a Beech Performance Short Throw Shifter?

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
I am in the market for a short throw shifter and am looking for someones experience with the Beech Performance shifter. If you've used one, how did you like it? Is a 60% shorter throw acurate as that sounds a little inflated to me compared to some others? Does it come with any of the bushings/gaskets? If not does it use stock replacements?

Thanks again guys.

ricoboost

Jun 20, 2007
quebec
i have one and its defenatly 60% shorter i have compare to my buddy who is using nashman. beech short shift is a real solid things does not come with the white bushing a the and but u can reuse the stock one or get the marlin crawler one hope it help

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
I'm sorry man, but that post was a little garbled... What other things would it be good for me to replace when installing the shifter?

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
NM shifter uses stock bushings, Beech shifter has solid bushings I think? there is a group buy starting for another batch of the nashman shifters.

when you install a new shifter, you don't really need to install anything else, but it's a good time to put in new bushings while your at it.

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
The Beech Short Shifter is great!
I've been using it on my DD Supra for the past four years. I recommend a heavy grease be packed into the lever casing, as it can transmit vibrations from the transmission and start a rattling noise w/o the grease.
Getting used to having it sit so low was the only issue for me, but after a week, I never had a problem... Van

Last edited:

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
So does Beech Shifter come with the bushings? If not what bushing would be good to order to replace while its out? Are they the OE bushing or does it take different ones?

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
Yes, it comes with the bushing pressed in place. It looks like a bronze/silicon bushing.
You might want to do what I did: I purchased a new OE nylon seat for the shift lever, where it connects in the transmission, (looks like a white, nylon bucket, fits snugly on the tip of the shift lever). I reused the stock, rubber, dust cover, from the stock shift lever.
I packed heavy grease in the casing, dropped in the lever and secured the top of the casing for the lever to the transmission, using the four allen head bolts supplied with the shifter, then covered it with the stock, rubber, dust cover.
Works as designed. Van