Who really rebuilds R154s

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Looking to get my r154 rebuilt With all the good stuff. Thrust washers, shift forks 1-2 3-4 and 5-rev bearing plate and good silkysmooth syncros.
With that said Iv checked with the top names that I have seen and no.
Jacks says they dont want to bec its hard to find parts now. (I don't think thats the reason but eh we all gotta make money)
Driftmotion Never Picks up the phone and they have no voice mail. I really dont want to call his personal cell# over a trans questions. And shipping Might kill me from past exp with them.
Marlin's web site says that this product is not available at the moment. so whats a fella todo. I really would like to make plans so my car isnt down for a long time.
I think I can wait till the end of the race season but I have a few events in oct and maybe Nov. Any input.

757_supra

Ich bin das boost!
Mar 3, 2012
US
I'm local to Jacks' and might pay them a visit. My spare r154 is in pieces and I'd like to have it rebuilt. Questions: what are ballpark prices for getting an r154 rebuilt? And how much would a Jacks' rebuilt r154 sell for, if I decided to get it rebuild and then put up for sale?

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Jack's has my R154 and have had it for about 2 months now, decent communication but as soon as they recieved my tranny they took a 2 week vacation and then a press or something broke that they use to disassemble process... I haven't needed it just yet but if my tranny gets home and looks like the ones on their website it will be worth the wait. I haven't been quoted a price yet (they wait until it's in pieces to ensure all the gears and such are in good shape) but website says about $1799 if I recall correctly for the stage 3 upgrade.

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Just checked and Jack's no longer has the R154 rebuild stuff on their website. Makes me a little nervous, but will keep you all posted on progress...

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
about a month ago jacks stated that they no longer do r154s saying that it was too hard to find parts. I know they can do a hella good job on v160s but you arnt spending 2k on a stage 2 kit are you. I dont know why they cant find parts and I can but I cant rebuild a trans like them so idk. Iv driven a worked driftmotion r154 and I fell in love really but the fact that they arnt the best with customer service kills me. I cant give money to some one like that. Driven a jacks v160 and Is sooooo nice. and the way it comes back soo clean. But They did take awhile to service it. Welp marlin it is. I swear it better not feel like a rock crawler trans "all nochy"

Bogwon

Dec 1, 2012
Bremerton, WA
Update: Tranny back from Jacks. Damn thing looks brand new. Put it back in my car and so far it seems to shift very smoothly with the new syncros and all the upgraded goodies as well. It's too bad that they aren't going to offer service for the R154s any more. Even though the job took awhile to complete (parts are not as available as they used to be), the service was well worth the wait and money.