Who has used the DM oil pump hose

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
As the title states, who has put some time on the driftmotion oil pump hose? I have a motor that has one in it [no i dont have a stock one] and IJ had me worried about it [because of nosechunks failure but he built his own kit] so I contacted Aaron. He informed me the rubber line was good for 5 years for fuel, he said it should last for 10+ years as the fuel is more volitile. My big worry is just passing fuel through it is alot different environment than being submerged in hot oil. The kit is about a year old and I'm just up in the air as to whether I should have Aaron or Sumeet build me a teflon hose or just keep this one.

Let me hear your experiences good or bad and how long you have had it

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would use stock or the arp hard line. There is no gain to be had by using a rubber hose covered in stainless braid.

Alot of people have used them and ive seen a few break over the years. Up to you when you want to replace it and with what.

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
well its already in the engine the engine Isn't in the car yet thats the real reason for this post... I know teflon would last and have no issues and I think it would be my cheapest option

supra_man87

EL GUAPO
Nov 15, 2007
So. Col.
I had a similar dilemma during my build. I chose the added security being that I didn't want to pull apart my engine ever again, and went with the AZperformance hardline. Flows more and Will out last the car.

Sent from my HTC One

supranewbie

Mar 23, 2011
46°47.0'N 120°09.0'W
SBM713;1981541 said:
well its already in the engine the engine Isn't in the car yet thats the real reason for this post... I know teflon would last and have no issues and I think it would be my cheapest option

Well then.... ?

Last edited:

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
Yea I think im gonna keep the car down a little longer and do it in teflon so I wont worry about it

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would just use a hard line. Either stock or the azp one. Hard line will out live the Teflon one any day.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Pretty absurd they're selling parts that will fail and destroy engines. I e-mailed them asking about that hose. They never replied. I wonder why? *sarcasm

SBM713

Apr 24, 2007
Georgia
I don't have a spare hardline and Ij said the teflon one should be totally fine

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk