Who has a universal intercooler? raise your hand

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Since I got the universal intercooler (side to side) from Aaron driftmotion, I been waiting to put it on.This xristmas I whant to instal it along with the 2.75ic kit (blue couplers and I will weld an adapter for stock bov).But I have renew registration on Feb 7 2010. What if they ask for a smog check.Could I print one of the HKS ARB numbers and show the smonatzi, could i fake it or not? Oil blue oil catch can too? anyone gone trought same situation.

Shima

I'v got Supra powers
May 23, 2007
carlisle
i have one but lucky lucky england doesnt need to do any tests like that on cars pre 92... so yea that sucks. i dont understand all that smog stuff you lot have... damn taking the fun out of life

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
basically keep your stock parts and swap over on smog day.. any and all mods that isnt carb approved means your sol to pass visual.

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
we have smog testing but nothing visual like that. But ya as MK3runner said keep your stock parts and swap them over before smog.

other then that i think you'll be fine.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I go to old timers or mexicans and they dont give a shit... but that one time they just might.

Zum: nice avatar

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
icpipes13.jpg

reassembly20.jpg

Joe

Enjoy the ride
Jan 28, 2009
Santa ana
Nice set set up I.J
I have the exact same ic and pipes but blue and I havent istaled them. Is the middle bar from the bumper really nessesary.To fit the huge ic that middle bar is gona go out right. Also move the stock oil cooler and reservoir tank.( thinking about painting black my ic ,but it will beugly from the chips the rocks on the road will leave)

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I mod the bumper reo for airflow to the upper section of the core as the 4" IC gets close, use the right paint and you don't get chips, mine has done 50,000+ Km's without a single chip.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
I have the cheapest of cheap I/C's, CXRacing.
3" thick, 3"in/out, fits without any cutting, but a turbo-A duct would greatly help airflow seeing as more than half is covered.