white package

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
in 89 when they introduce the white package is that where the car is all white i belive so. But is there also white supra out there that didn't have the white package??? like white with mabye grey sawblades or something. any pics would be great.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Yes, the white package was introduced in 89 or 90, but it was an option. Search around, there are plenty of white supras without it.

L

lanky189

my baby was/is a white pearl mica 87
beautiful color.. the pearl shows up at sunset and sunrise really well...

TONY!

Habitual Supra Killer
Mar 30, 2005
Tonyland
What is funny is my friend had a white package 89 locally.
I lost his # & his email addy, & I am trying to find him.
His name is Chris, lives in the capital region NY & if anyone knows his email addy LMK hehe

Anyways, I heard that those white packages are rare & because of so, very pricey.
Would it be possible to have an 89 in decent shape with 100kmi retail for $10,000 USD, just for being a real documented white package?
I heard a story that they were.
So is there a big collector demand for those or what?
Or was someone exagerating?

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
Squid699 said:
personally, i've never seen/heard of that - maybe they were referring to the manufacture date for the 89 model year?

I don't know, I've never seen an 88 white package, but Mike Morris claims to have had an 88 model year white package Supra, I don't really know though.

There was never white trim available in 86-88 style, so if it had white trim it wasn't original, and the white wheels are only listed as 89+ in the EPC, so I don't think there ever was a pre-89 white package car.

Still have Mike's claim though...

EDIT: White package cars are definitely NOT rare, I've seen tons of them. White package 91-92 cars are a bit more rare, but only because 91-92 cars themselves are more rare.

cwapface

Supernerd
Mar 30, 2005
Eugene, OR
www.dylanwiggins.com
1990, I don't have the white package but I want it

DSC_6033.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
But how do you know they were factory wheels?

Toyota could have painted them white, the owner could have painted them white, or changed them to white wheels, etc, etc, etc.

The EPC doesn't list any white wheels for pre-89 cars, so I don't think they came that way (from the factory at least, from the dealer is another story).

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
there are 2 seperate cars here.

1. white package (89+) that had matching body, rims (yes 89 had the sawblades but 90+ got the 5spokes)
2. white 89+ cars that had grey molding and stock non painted (powdercoated?) rims that just happened to be white also.

on another note im not sure if the white color was the same on all the white cars. ie pearl white and regular white...... any one care to clear that up?

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Even though MKIII supra's are pretty rare in my region, most of them are white package supras. Personally, I like being the only platinum silver supra in my area though.:)