Which Flex-a-lite Setup?

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
I have a 1JZ with mk3 radiator and a single e-fan, and want to put in a dual 12" flex-a-lite's.

Any suggestions as to which model, and where to buy? Are the 210-220 series common?

Has anyone ever done a write-up on wiring/installation?

Thanks

CanadianLurch

Oct 14, 2008
Alberta
I use the flexALITE 410 with thermostat control on my 87 mk3 with 1jz swap. they were super easy to wire up and come with detailed instructions. you just need your crimping tool, or a soldering iron if your pro and your good to go. A tad bit pricey tho abour $550 CAD

Hope this helps

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
CanadianLurch;1411085 said:
I use the flexALITE 410 with thermostat control on my 87 mk3 with 1jz swap. they were super easy to wire up and come with detailed instructions. you just need your crimping tool, or a soldering iron if your pro and your good to go. A tad bit pricey tho abour $550 CAD

Hope this helps

yes that is helpful, thank you.

Are there any that allow you to control one at a time, or is that a custom install?

I am pretty low-knowledge on the subject so any help would be great...a write-up would be perfect!

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
i wouldnt use their control box. several bad issues with them. they may have improved over the years, but i'd rather not take my chances.

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
I'm running the 220's. Have been for about a year now. The only issue I've had was that the supplied inline fuse holder melted. The reason it melted is because it's junk.

My buddy is running them on his Honda and he had the same thing happen. The inline fuse holder melted.

I'm still using the supplied thermostat control. It has not failed yet. If it does, I'll get a better one.

It doesn't matter which setup you go with or what brand, once you go electric, you're going to have to watch your temps like a hawk. You should anyway; but, even more with electric fans.

There's a slight rev/power gain (nothing to write home about; but, noticeable), slight increase in mileage (very slight), and the A/C blows slightly colder.

One thing I can say is that I'll NEVER go back to the factory fan/fan clutch!

Install/setup wasn't bad. Given my trade/occupation that might not be a fair statement; but, I found the instructions to be adequate. Just toss the inline fuse holder in the trash and get one that's more robust.

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
I as well have the 220's set up on my 1jz. Also I have had the issue with the inline fuse holder melting on me....twice. I still use the supplied controller box and have had no problems with it thus far. I agree with the above statement though that you will need to watch your engine temps closely and would recommend an aftermarket engine temp guage to be installed along with the e-fans.

Sep 10, 2007
Virginia
thanks for the input. I am not set on the FAL's, they just seem to be popular...but I have heard about the fuse holder issues.

I am looking into the Adrenaline Motorsports version, has anyone had good results so far with these?