Which body kit do you like the best?

toyMKIII

cars and guitars
Jun 20, 2012
Philadelphia
Not really sure how this search started... but, in any case, my ricer side apparently decided to kick in today :naughty:. I was cruising the internet when I found this link via an ancient supraforums thread and found some pretty cool, interesting, and down right ugggglly body mods and kits for the mkiii which I had never come across in the past.

Link>>> http://idriders.com/akiraneo/

Just wondering what you guys like/ hate/ etc.

My personal favs on the above site:
1.) "TurboTomas's Do-luck t-2 front, bomex sides, bomex rear" = that front looks pretty sweet to me, perhaps it is a bit too "un-supra" though.
2.) "Regulus" = yet again what gets me is the front end (the rest is ugly, except the rear sunshade), I just wish those mr2 looking vents/ louvers in front of the tire weren't there.
3.) "Custom cherry widebody" = sweet
4.) "Erebuni" = can't say I like this, but I think its interesting.

What I don't like:
1.) "Kaze"
2.) "Zeek"
3.) "Massive Custom Bodywork" = skylines are one of my favorite cars, however, wasting a pair of perfectly good tail lights like that is terrible looking in my opinion.. The craftsmanship is great though, I suppose I respect what ever people dig on their own cars.
4.) "Lamarossa" = Just no. ^ again, truly, i respect what people do with their own rides...
-and obviously some others...

Hopefully this sparks some conversation!

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
IJ.;1956368 said:
Nuh 100% stock ;)

you even like the antenna? in its a-symetrical glory... vs. say a powered unit behind the rear view mirror...

early body moldings too? the sabatours

shaved rear wiper.....?

I do like the shine stuffs but unless you plan on going all out on rims/suspension/brakes etc... stock...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
#04;1956478 said:
you even like the antenna? in its a-symetrical glory... vs. say a powered unit behind the rear view mirror...

early body moldings too? the sabatours

shaved rear wiper.....?

I do like the shine stuffs but unless you plan on going all out on rims/suspension/brakes etc... stock...
Mine was 100% stock, even the body molds, we don't get Snow so very little rust ;)

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
a full bomex body kit makes the mkIII try to look like a mkIV I don't really dig it

I personally like the hiro body kit or the greddy gracer aero kit.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Where can I find the "Carbon Fibre FX front bumper"??

Who was it that used to make them? Mike (SC), was that you?

Aku

And The Boost Goes On
Feb 24, 2010
Irvine, CA
This should have just been a topic praising the MKIII's factory body lines LOL, judging from the majority of the posts.

I try to find redeeming qualities even in the most bleak of kits. The Kaze quarter panels for example are a great foundation for those wanting to go widebody. I'm partial to the Bomex lips for simplicity, most of the other setups require at least 18's to look right but that's just a matter of opinion I suppose. I currently have the Abflug lip on my III with a Shine Auto Project airguide, Stout replica hood, and rear sunshade. Waiting to get the rest of my Abflug kit painted before installation :icon_razz