where to install water temp, oil temp, oil pressure sensors

sunnysupra

May 10, 2011
Queens NY
i want to know where to install water temp ,oil temp, oil pressure sensors for my new gauges on a mk3 supra 7m thxx guys

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

anybody?

spinyard

always lurking..
Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
i would say the stock locations for the water temp and oil pressure. As for the oil temp, i would like to know myself. I thought about putting a tee where the oil pressure sender is to run both oil senders.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Water Temp on the water neck behind the thermostat. Oil pressure comes from the stock location. Call DriftMotion and get the hose from Aaron to use a 1/8 sensor from the stock feed. Oil temp can be done there as well using a T-fitting. You can simplify this by getting a sandwhich plate and using the NA 7M oil filter piece that screws on the block.

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
When running IJ's full flow oil cooler system (http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...ostat-Controlled-Oil-Cooler-amp-Remote-Filter) i put mine on the new filter adapter like this one (http://www.jegs.com/i/Trans-Dapt/969/1413/10002/-1?parentProductId=1066141) which is under my driver side headlight, run one line in from the motor, through the filter, and out to the cooler. You'll have 2 ports left over, one in and one out get the adapters to mount your sending units (pressure and temp) in either side. As for which way to mount them you have to decide if you want oil temperature before or after the cooler as it will obviously be different. As for the water temp sensor, on the thermostat housing right behind the thermostat there's small circular place that looks like a sending unit could go into it
p1714058_1.jpg
its the unmarked thing in this picture in the center. Drill it and tap it to the size of the sending unit (most likely 1/8 NPT(National Pipe Thread) and screw her in, run the wires and have a proper gauge setup.