Where to get keys cut?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Poodles;1217730 said:
Best way to have a key cut is from the code on the passenger side lock cylinder. Copying an old worn key means that the new one starts out old and worn...

Would this be a dealer only option or could a locksmith do it?

willtotheumm

I Bleed TRD
Apr 11, 2008
Orcutt, CA
www.myspace.com
I got mine cut at my Dealership for only a couple bucks. When I bought my Supra I didnt have ANY keys. Got a nice new, unworn key :)

They didn't have any OEM rubber headed keys though. Got stuck with just a metal one that doesnt even say TOYOTA on it :(

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
willtotheumm;1218345 said:
I got mine cut at my Dealership for only a couple bucks. When I bought my Supra I didnt have ANY keys. Got a nice new, unworn key :)

They didn't have any OEM rubber headed keys though. Got stuck with just a metal one that doesnt even say TOYOTA on it :(

They could have ordered it though.

Jeff

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Locksmith will be able to cut from the passenger door code, I know because I had it done. Dealer would be much cheaper though, unless like me you are a CAA member and get x amount of free calls per year. The cool thing is the locksmith was even able to hand-file a blank key so it would work in my ignition, as the door lock was not a match to the column lock. THAT was cool watching him file it and have it work :icon_bigg. I like those black rubber keys though, might have to order one ;)
eric