where to find universal wiper adapters

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
i have stock toyota wipers with the stock adapters....so i cant buy a pair of bosch or whatever they sell in Vato Zone or Pep girls or O'reilys cause they wont fit on the toyota adapter.

anyone know where to find the universal one that just snaps or hooks onto the wipers?

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I just posted something similar in another thread. They used to include a bunch of them common adapters in each kit, but I guess they limit it now (maybe cost?).

Anyways, I used to have no issues getting replacement wiper blades to fit, but I just bought some Anco ones and they don't come with any of the adpaters we would need, anymore. They say our application requires wiper side adapter #48-08, but no one knows WTF that is, or where to get 'em from. I spent an hour looking on Ebay, for an Anco website, or anything else I could find to tell me where to get 'em again.

I did see NEW wiper arms in the parts store (wipers not included "of course"), for ~$22.... so I'm sure it's a way for them to increase revenues... stop providing the adapters for older applications and have you spend more $$ replacing a wiper arm that is still very use-able. Basically plan on ~$30 for each wiper arm/blade deal that you'll have to replace... what a scam.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Put some Bosch on mine a few weeks ago. Mine came with every "common" adapter I've ever seen.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
CRE said:
Put some Bosch on mine a few weeks ago. Mine came with every "common" adapter I've ever seen.

yeah i know what u mean by those adapters..but im talkin bout...arggh hard to explain, satan pretty much understands what im saying tho.

its attached to the arm so that the wiper can attach to that. i remember buying some wipers, one came with those lil adapters...but they dont fit on the wiper arm.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I know what you're talking about.... the wiper mounts that screw onto our threaded wiper arms?

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I just bought some Bosch ones (the ones they reccomend are wrong BTW, for front I found you need 16in and 19in not two 19s or pass side will hit a-pillar) and they came with the little metal brackets and then the "standard" I suppose mounts that clipped onto them. Certain sizes come with certain sets of adapters. 16 and 19 come with the ones we need.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
Buy a set of Bosch blades, it comes with the metal adaptor that screws onto the wiper arm and allows you to use any common hook/clip type wiper blade that almost all modern vehicles use.

Personally I still prefer the OEM blades with new OEM refills.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
I bought a set of Michelin wiper blades at Wal-Mart.
They ran about $5.88 or something like that (only the best for my Subaru!!)
But the important thing is that they came with the wiper arm hook-type adapters. I was quite surprised.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Yeah I got the 48-08 Anco (Federal Mogul) adapters today from a O'Reilly's auto parts (Texas chain?).... $1.49 each... needed 3, ordered 6 (to add to all the other spare parts in my garage).

So, check with your local parts stores if ya need 'em... got all 3 changed out today with 19" and 18" in the front and 19" in the back... The 20" has a hole in the wiper bade which is too large for the regular side adapters.

Now, Satan's and I can share refills (she's got the same brand on her MKIV) since they come 2 to a pack.

Johnny Dangerously

I can eat planets
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX..
u know what guys i remidied my problem....i went to toyota and bout windshield wipers at 10 bucks a piece....no adapaters needed...even came with screws to scrwe em in!

i shoulda known to go to them!

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
I want a set of these Valeo Ultimate, but they don't list a pair compatible with our MKIII. They do have a set listed for the MKIV :3d_frown:
http://ultimatewiperblade.com/spec.php

spec2.jpg

spec1.jpg

SupraMkiii24

90T in the works
Apr 1, 2005
Houston, Tx.
Yeha Johnny the Bosch Micro Excel come with the adpater. OR you can just ask the guy behind the counter at Vato Zone they have them in the back, if they don't know what they're talking about then wait til 2k6 ill walk in with you and grab them myself for you.

~Dan