Where to buy Crankshaft & Block?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Actually im not worried about the Harness because my Car is a TURBO by factory & the ECU must be a Turbo because it was coiled pack & before the engine was pulled it would start & run but knocked. SO THAT MUST mean it is a Turbo ECU which means i have Turbo Harness. & what other small things are you referring to? I may not have them.

bozosoku

Jan 29, 2006
CT
I have a set of used stock turbo piston/ rod, oil filter housing with bolt, oil pressure sending unit, oil pump (several) that I will let go for cheap, PM me if interested.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Gota7MGTE;1624338 said:
I have already bought a crank kit for my engine, Thank you though. But i do need the Turbo Oil pressure bolt & the Oil filter housing bolt as well. Do you have those?

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

I just want to keep it 100% stock for now. I desperately need the car right now. The pistons im going to get will be measured & then i will see what i will need and what not. Thanks for the tips tho! i really appreciate.
If you desperately need the car, you picked the wrong car. Project Supras do not make a reliable DD unless done 100% correct. And that takes lots of time and money, which from the sound of things isn't in the "right now" time frame for you. That's my $.02.
-AM3

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
boostinprine;1624672 said:
this is a confusing thread.. Its a turbo car, with a GE motor? with coil packs and turbo ecu and harness??

YES, I bought the car for $500. Engine would start but it would knock & so we took it out. The "Turbo" didn't have the compressor wheel or the turbine wheel but it had a tight bolt in the middle keeping the exhaust gases from entering the cold side. The Turbo didn't have oil lines either. So i bought another CT26 Turbo with oil lines & noticed no oil return hole or Oil Jets. So today I'm going to Oklahoma to buy the GTE block & 5 pistons. The car was Half assed literally. All the bolts were lose. I didn't even have to use a Breaker bar for things i would normally need. Transmission to Block bolts were just sticking out not even in. So far i will just need One piston, Piston Rings & the oil cooler & lines because the oil cooler is missing. This car was a nightmare at first, but now that I'm getting the pieces to the puzzle it has all cleared.. NEVER buy a HALF ASSED CAR. An experience of life i will always remember.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

your absolutely right. My father told me this was a project car & i didn't really understand him till now. I am almost broke & i still haven't gotten ARP Head Studs or a MHG. Its been in the Garage for about a month. O dammit im going to have to tell Mum to drop me off everywhere i need to go... LOL

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Well, as long as you're learning. I bought mine half assed and it had a blown motor (rod out the side of the block). When I did the teardown, I found stuff that had literally been held on with twist ties (like the PS reservoir). Hope you get it together.
-AM3

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Yes this car is a life experience & i know what you mean. The fan clutch on mine was literally held by a couple twists & the motor mounts were held in by a couple twists. Today I got the GTE block & 6 GTE Pistons (thank God he found the other one) All i need now is ARP HEAD STUDS, MHG & OIl cooler & lines other than that we will begging undoing the GE block & putting the GTE block together I think ill go without the ARP HEAD STUDS & MHG though. My father has been a certified technician for 20 years & if i get a BHG we will catch it on time & upgrade. I know someone that ran 70K before installing ARP STUDS & MHG & Im also thinking of rebuilding the Turbo. It'd be cheaper for now & prevent a blown turbo.. :runaway:

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
Catching it in time isn't always a possibility. I have seen a BHG motor trash the bottom end before it showed any signs. If you aren't going to machine the head and block, get an OEM HG, and new rod bolts or ARP head studs.
-AM3

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Wait how does the bottom end get trashed? It would start knocking right? so bam just stop the car & get new bearings again. By the next build i will probably have another 7M engine ready to go in with mods. & i will keep the one im putting in right now as backup. or better yet i could upgrade to 1JZ. But im guessing that would require another cross member/cradle. I haven't done the research for any swaps yet so excuse my ignorance ::dunce::