where to buy 7m's?

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
i am currently looking for a 7mgte to rebuild. all i really need is a long block. but i dont need the manifolds or turbo or anything. i cant see spending $1000 on something i am going to tear apart anyways. if i am going to do that i might as well buy a wrecked car. thing is i dont have any place for a junk car to just sit or i would. does anyone know of any sites that have cheap engines? i have looked buy cant seem to find much of anything.....

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
There's several for sale in the correct section and can be had for $200 or less plus shipping. Look there first. p5150 has one still I think.
eric

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
so all you think since i am rebuilding it i would be able to save money buyin an NA? since they are cheaper and more available?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Here's what I did...I looked for a turbo motor that failed compression tests. Got it cheap ($600). It didn't matter cause I was going to bore it out and put a set of Ross +.020 pistons in anyway...ended up getting a set of Crower rods too (only reason it was a deal I couldn't refuse). Plus, I did a full valve job on the head w/ +1mm valves. If you're going to build the motor, you really don't care if it will run or not when you get it. I did insist on having the oil pan pulled to make sure nothing grenaded on the bottom end before I bought it.

I ceramic coated the parts I was going to swap out and sold the parts I didn't use (i.e. the CT26). Sold a buch of stuff from the old motor after I pulled it...ended up breaking about even.

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Jdub is right, it doesnt really matter whether the motor you get is running or not since your gonna rebuild it. But you definitely dont want some motor that has sent a rod through the side of the block. Check in the for sale section for one with a BHG or a slight rod knock. But if you dont find what you want dont simply limit yourself to the turbo motor as an NA one will suit your needs just as easily.