Where should i go for a "JDM" 7mgte

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
Im wanting to get a new engine for my 86.5 but i dont want to get a crappy "50k" engine.. Im looking for a quality used engine.. Does anyone have a preference on where i should order a engine from? All my friends here in Fort Wayne Indiana, have 240's with sr20's and there importer dont deal with Toyota.. Yeah in know bs right.. But i don't want to be one of those guys spending good money on a junk engine.. Im new to the supra, i love it, but i threw a rod bearing last summer and every sensor on the engine is shot so i want to start some what fresh.. Please help..:1zhelp: Let me put it this way.. my old engine is worthless, there is nothing good on it.. I baught it for 500$ thinking it was just a head gasket.. WRONG.. this car is money hungry.. I just want a 7mgte and 5 speed.. for a decent amount from someone who is trust worthy.. If anyone has ordered a engine from a place before and liked it plz let me know..

Last edited:

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Find a local 7M and build it. A ragged out "JDM" 7M is the same as a ragged out american 7M, those "compression" tests that are run on the JDM engines don't mean shit dude ;).

Dachande

Arrrrrr Matey
Apr 3, 2005
South Carolina
I had good experiences with www.noyanusa.com a few years back. I think shipped the total came out to around 950 dollars, and the 18 wheeler came all the way into the neighborhood to drop it off. The engine itself came complete with everything except the chopped harness of course.

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
Caplax40 said:
Just get a Jarco rebuilt one.

I have kind of a stupid question.. If i was to get a na engine and transmission, and build the engine with eagle h rods and wiseco pistons, the works? would it still hold up like the 7mgte.. Im pretty sure there the same block but i was just checking..

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
The engine would if done properly, but you will have to do some work to the tranny. The GTE has oil squirters and two knock sensors, whereas the GE doesn't have oil squirters and only one knock sensor. I'm sure there are some other small differences (get a GTE oil pump, they have taller gears, more flow) that I'm forgetting, but others will chime in ;).

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
starscream5000 said:
The engine would if done properly, but you will have to do some work to the tranny. The GTE has oil squirters and two knock sensors, whereas the GE doesn't have oil squirters and only one knock sensor. I'm sure there are some other small differences (get a GTE oil pump, they have taller gears, more flow) that I'm forgetting, but others will chime in ;).

do you know anything about the heads? same or not and know anyone with just agte block?

Wayne G.

87Turbo 5sp Targa
Apr 19, 2005
Gainesville,Ga.
Getsideways86.5 said:
Im wanting to get a new engine for my 86.5 but i dont want to get a crappy "50k" engine.. Im looking for a quality used engine.. Does anyone have a preference on where i should order a engine from? All my friends here in Fort Wayne Indiana, have 240's with sr20's and there importer dont deal with Toyota.. Yeah in know bs right.. But i don't want to be one of those guys spending good money on a junk engine.. Im new to the supra, i love it, but i threw a rod bearing last summer and every sensor on the engine is shot so i want to start some what fresh.. Please help..:1zhelp: Let me put it this way.. my old engine is worthless, there is nothing good on it.. I baught it for 500$ thinking it was just a head gasket.. WRONG.. this car is money hungry.. I just want a 7mgte and 5 speed.. for a decent amount from someone who is trust worthy.. If anyone has ordered a engine from a place before and liked it plz let me know..

I purchased a JDM engine from Sunrise Motors out of Canada and turned out
to be VERY good, however you never know untill you get into it. This one
was good but another may not be. I paid $750+ship. Their web site is:
www.sunrisejapanese.com

Getsideways86.5

supra chris
Mar 1, 2007
Fort Wayne Indiana
QWIKSTRIKE said:

Getting a Junked Dilapidated Motor and no funds equals ending up where you started from in a few months. Who can gaurantee the miles or the condition f a used motor. Wake up , and good luck!

the engine i get, junk or not...is getting built... i didnt plan on running on a JDM engine.. i just need the head and block... then im starting from there.. wanting to make 400-450 at the wheels... ARP everything, eagle rods, wiseco pistons. high vol oil pump... after getting the block and head machined by our local shop..then building the head mild port and polish job, mild cams. springs and retainers.. 1jz style intake with some sort of vein pressure converter.. just to list a few things... Im not stupid, i know my supra...

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Getsideways86.5 said:
the engine i get, junk or not...is getting built... i didnt plan on running on a JDM engine.. i just need the head and block... then im starting from there.. wanting to make 400-450 at the wheels... ARP everything, eagle rods, wiseco pistons. high vol oil pump... after getting the block and head machined by our local shop..then building the head mild port and polish job, mild cams. springs and retainers.. 1jz style intake with some sort of vein pressure converter.. just to list a few things... Im not stupid, i know my supra...
im glad youre doing it the right way, i just dropped my jdm 7mgte and prayed and look at me....one month later now im rebuilding with wiseco's, and eagle myself:biglaugh:

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Getsideways86.5 said:

Never said you were stupid, and if you are using it as a platform to install those goodies you will just need to make sure your machinist is top notched.

good luck:icon_bigg