Where does this vaccum route, and wire ground to?

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
***The clear hose routes to the dash where the boost gauge is...
p1162199_1.jpg

p1162199_2.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
wheres the other line go? and the ground wire probably gets bolted down for another ground

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
hvyman;1162205 said:
wheres the other line go? and the ground wire probably gets bolted down for another ground

Where do i plug the boost gauge hose in at? Is there any specially particular place for that supposed "ground" should go. Again, calling that a ground is an educated guess. What is that wire that comes off the coil pack?? Again sorry for my vague question, i'm tired.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
It is a ground wire, it just helps knock down "noise". There will he a threaded hole just behind the injector in the pic. that is will bolt to.
picture.php

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
ok thanks. Also i just got the engine running. I know the engine is a 1/4 quart overful. So i'm gonna drain that out. But also is it normal to smoke from the exhaust? it's just like cold weather smoke though but it was consistant. Also it smelled like carbon or fuel.. one of the two. The smoke was grey. Also the turbo seemed like a little smoke was coming off it, what's up with that? There was a small leak on the valve cover gasket but i found out it was a little loose.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
its ok to be a little overfilled on these engines since they have such a big oil pan.

if its cold out you will see steam like smoke that is normal and the turbo smoking is probably just excess oil burning off from the loose valve covers

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Where that ground goes is where the line for the stock BOV comes up through the head (it's actually a stud, looks like 92nsx has it routed another way).

Best place to put the boost gauge tie in is where the factory one is, off the back of the manifold.