Where did you mount your AFC?

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
I'm asking because I'm getting one (finally:icon_evil ), and I've already mounted my HKS EVC and Turbo Timer where most people would put their S-AFC, (Where the slide-out ash tray sits).

If possible, post a picture of where yours sits. If you have it anywhere else besides where the ashtray used to sit, let me see!
I was thinkning about trying to mount it somewhere on top in the whereabouts of where our dome light sits. Please? and Thanks. :icon_razz

Jeff

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

thats in my mkii though. the afc2 will be for sale as soon as i remove it. goin ms2. hehehe

BJ91T

Aug 28, 2006
Baton Rouge LA
I am mounting mine in the driverside sunviser where the glass mirror used to be i am making a corian trim peice to keep it in place. so now i can flip it up or down when i need it

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
not a real good quality pic. i cut out a lot of the plastic behind the dash so it would fit flush against the vent panel.

supra4.jpg

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
the best place to install anything in my opinion is in the center console are with the radio, etc... get a single DIN radio and put it in the bottom DIN mounting location.... then get rid of the ash tray, cigarette lighter, climate control, etc, etc... and make a new fiberglass panel to hold whatever you want. that's what i plan to do. i'll probably have a car audio shop make one for me, and have it sanded, polished and painted a glossy black. i'll keep the climate control in there and install my maft pro but everything else will be gone.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I installed mine the same place as dbsupra90 did. Great minds must think alike............:biglaugh:

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Dave, it looks good...is that WOODEN frame I see holding your gauges/electronics in place? LOL, I like, anyways.

Jay, looks good as well.

miggles: everything is backwards!!! :runaway: lol, just kidding.

My options were to try to fit it somewhere where the domelight panel sits...
But then I started doing some thinking and I'd like to have it mounted (double-sided tape) connected to my windshield on the far driverside at the top. Cutting out thepart of the passenger side vent panel piece was another consideration. I don't know. Jay & Dave: Mostly for Jay since Dave is currently down (lol), but does it ever become a PITA to keep looking way over there? Just curious.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies. :)

Jeff

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
haha yep that is wood.
i made it as a template/proto to see if i liked the positioning of stuff. after that, was making a new one to mold in. just didnt want to go thru all the trouble and end up not liking it.

i no longer have the afc, but when i did i liked it there. i really didnt monitor it much while driving since it has a record and peak/hold function.

also, i no longer have my new yankee workshop panel either haha. more things to come.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The only time it's a pain in the ass to see is when it's sunny outside and the glare is bad. I don't think it would matter where you installed it though. The glare even keeps me from being able to read my radio sometimes. I hardly ever even look at it while I'm driving. I do watch my avc-r though to see my boost gauge. Good luck with the install.................lol

89pearlwhite

Aug 13, 2006
Houston, TX
I don't have pics but I mounted my HKS EVC EZ & HKS S-AFR at the center console using 3M double sided tape. It gives me the peace of mind of hiding the unit from broad day light when I'm not in the car... did the same thing with my zeitronics zt-2 unit in the glove box.:icon_bigg