Where can i purchase this Hose?

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm looking for the Hose that is the Oil Return line from the cam covers right of the oil cap.
No one seems to have it unless i'm asking for the wrong hose?
Most of you know how it looks visually or possibly replaced it since it's SUPER hard after 20 years. Blehh.

Thanks, Jose

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
Toyota is going to be the only place to get it pre-molded. If you already tried Toyota, then there is a part miscommunication, as it is still available.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I've replaced 3 of those on various mk3's I've owned. It's not an oil return line, perse, but rather your main PCV hose. It's ~25 from Champion Toyota or ~35 from your local dealer most likely.

This is the part number: 12263-42010
It's number 12263 in this pic:
MA8835A.gif

Is that the right hose you're asking about?

-Andy

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
mkiiichip;1537440 said:
Toyota is going to be the only place to get it pre-molded. If you already tried Toyota, then there is a part miscommunication, as it is still available.

Yeah, I just ordered one from my Toyota Dealership I forgot what the part number was or the name of it but it costed about $40. They should be able to bring up a page that has the cam covers and the hose on it and other various pieces that has the part numbers on it. Then just point at the one you need. If you can't figure it out I'll call the dealership and ask them for the part number and send it to you.

---------- Post added at 11:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

suprarx7nut;1537442 said:
I've replaced 3 of those on various mk3's I've owned. It's not an oil return line, perse, but rather your main PCV hose. It's ~25 from Champion Toyota or ~35 from your local dealer most likely.

This is the part number: 12263-42010
It's number 12263 in this pic:
MA8835A.gif

Is that the right hose you're asking about?

-Andy

Damn dude you beat me to the punch. I believe that is the one he is talking about.

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
Awesome help you guys! That's definately it! So it's roughly 30 bucks?
Anywhere else i could get it? Damn dealership here takes a long time to get my parts.
I really appreciate the help!

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
Im on the phone with the dealership and they said they could get in tomorrow, so hopefully they're right. Don't want to be disappointed.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Toyota gets the part the next day if you order before 3 and its not on back order or anything.

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
Grimsta;1537639 said:
You can make one for $10 using a unicoil and regular hose

Hmm, really now?
I already paid for the hose :/
Oh Ace, How much Modification is required to place a 3 core Rad. in a 89?
I was looking at the direct drop in for convenience but then again is there a major difference between that and the 3 core?

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

hvyman;1537766 said:
Toyota gets the part the next day if you order before 3 and its not on back order or anything.

Yeah, i ordered it at like 8am.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I went and got bulk hose from the parts store, not molded so i got like 3 feet (cut to size i liked) to be on the safe and made a decent loop that doesnt kink, and not to mention is easier to remove if needed than trying to fight that stock one. I am satisfied and still funtions normal, not to mention cost like 6 bucks maybe.

koldfire08

Jul 5, 2009
Las Vegas
Heavy D;1538543 said:
what is so special about that hose? i thought it was an extra oil return if there was too much oil going to the valve cover?

I've been told that it's more of a Main PCV hose then a oil return line.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Its not an oil return hose. Its the PCV HOSE- the crankcase gases need to get out right, and there's no hose from the crank case to the intake or TB like there is on the valve covers. The hose transfers the gases from the crank case to gas where it then would get vented by the PCV system. Has nothing to do with oil return. Oil returns to the crank case by the passages (holes) that are in the head and block and some oil will make its way down that hose too, but thats not its purpose.

$10 PCV hose, yes, buy the correct size bulk hose, put a unicoil on it where you need to bend it so it doesnt kink (google unicoil if you need to) and you're good to go. I actually used some cool looking shiny black PVC hose from Home Depot (Yes PVC, not PCV in this case). Put a unicoil on it and heated up the ends to make them more pliable and popped it on. Here's a photo of the PVC hose I used and the unicoil its the black hose with the metal sleve on it in the top center of the pic
l_09a6cb0af7e34d3890b91d8a27fe1ffe.jpg