where can i buy stainless steel hardline for a turbo feed??

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
basically just as the title says. ive seen it used on some high end builds and race cars but i can't seem to find a place that sells the stuff. im tired of the rubber hose inside the -an line melting then causing a leak at my turbo feed. so my plan is to use ss hardline like about 6" with a male -4 at one end and a female -4 at the other. which will get the -an hose further away from the center of the turbo. hopefully keeping it from getting cooked.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
jetjock;1980324 said:
Heard of a bender and flaring tool?

Really!? I had no idea it was so simple. So I'm guessing there's some kind of collar you buy that threads to the an fitting and compresses the flared line. I can see that working to the turbo side but what about putting a male an fitting on the line to connect back to the braided hose?

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
hvyman;1980362 said:
Or could use a better an hose.

well the first line i used was one i made with standard braided hose. which lasted for a while. but when it failed i wanted to use something that i thought was better. so i ordered a custom length oil feed from apt. was suppose to be specifically for a turbo feed. but after taking it apart the hose they used was just standard rubber hose and hose ends.....:3d_frown:

so i ended up ordering some aeroquip ptfe -4 hose and hose ends from summit. doing the ss hardline is to much of a pita. even though its the best solution cause it would get rid of the high heat that the hose and hose ends are seeing the way i have it now. but oh well hopefully this will be the last hose i have to get for this dam feed!

Sep 19, 2011
Des Moines, IA
Never heard of an oil feed melting from heat specially a stainless line. You should really reroute the line. If it is on a 7m there is not a single reason it should be close enough to the manifold to melt.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
emericaskater285;1980521 said:
Never heard of an oil feed melting from heat specially a stainless line. You should really reroute the line. If it is on a 7m there is not a single reason it should be close enough to the manifold to melt.

its on a na-t 2jz. i never said heat from the manifold is getting it to hot. i think its how i have a banjo bolt coming off the turbo which makes the hose end really close to the center section of the turbo heres some pics i took before i took it apart to show apt. im hoping the extra heat the ptfe hose can take will fix the issue. even though i think theres plenty of space for the line. its not touching anything and i had that heat wrap all the way up to the turbo. i autox, drag, track and run it hard on trips though so the turbo gets cooking. my setup up is built for reliability and this hose has been a biotch!

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
IJ.;1980533 said:
No probs, I learnt my lesson early on after having a rubber hose burst and set an engine on fire...

oooh boy thats no good...luckily i noticed it before it leaked worse or completely popped off the hose end!

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
made the new oil feed line and installed it today. went pretty smooth. im not sure if i should heat wrap it or not. but other than that i think this should get it for good! :bigthumb:

and one of the engine bay for fun

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
^thanks!

what do you think about heat wraping the feed like i had it before? at first i thought it would help but the more i think about it the more unsure i am....it might just be trapping heat in that part of the line and hose end. i didn't wrap it cause im still up in the air on it. :dunno: