when to upgrade the fuel rail?

Apr 1, 2005
WA
so i notice a couple places sell an upgraded fuel rail for the 7M. is the stocker ever a problem? at about what HP level should a person look into getting a higher flowing rail?

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
The rail we sell will support 1250+ rwhp.

Under testing, the stock rail has been shown to support 800 +/- rwhp.

So if you are going for 800+, then upgrade, otherwise it's just for looks. :)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
the stock rail is more than adequate for lots of ponies as supracentral stated.

The ONLY other reason to get an "aftermarket" fuel rail is because of fuel compatability.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
figgie, ar eyou saying the stock rail is incompatible with certain fuels?

i had my stock fuel rail modified.

i had the ends drilled out and -6an fittings welded on. then the fittings are drilled out to -8an ID. the stock FPR and FPD holes are dowled and welded shut. the CSI port has a -6an fitting installed for the return line.

the fuel flow thru this rail will be phenominal, however, it requires the removal of the stock alternator bracket. the an fitting on the front side of the rail intereferes w/ the fitment. no big deal since my FFI interferes w/ the alternator fitment anyways ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
chris bell said:
figgie, ar eyou saying the stock rail is incompatible with certain fuels?

i had my stock fuel rail modified.

i had the ends drilled out and -6an fittings welded on. then the fittings are drilled out to -8an ID. the stock FPR and FPD holes are dowled and welded shut. the CSI port has a -6an fitting installed for the return line.

the fuel flow thru this rail will be phenominal, however, it requires the removal of the stock alternator bracket. the an fitting on the front side of the rail intereferes w/ the fitment. no big deal since my FFI interferes w/ the alternator fitment anyways ;)

yes

aluminum plus alcohol = the sux!!!

alcohol corrodes aluminum.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
you should see it though.. its more efficient, and there are no 90* turns that the fuel flow has to make like if ihad use metric adaptors in the stock banjo bolt holes. technically that works... but so do log manifolds. and i think you guys know how i feel about log manifolds.

btw, my fuel rail cost me some Axxis Metal master brake pads and $12 of AN fittings. its quite a fine specimen of a fuel rail. it looks like it was made this way from the get-go.

B

Boostaddctn

Can you guys post pictures of your rails please? aight peace

B

Boostaddctn

flubyux2 said:
you should see it though.. its more efficient, and there are no 90* turns that the fuel flow has to make like if ihad use metric adaptors in the stock banjo bolt holes. technically that works... but so do log manifolds. and i think you guys know how i feel about log manifolds.

btw, my fuel rail cost me some Axxis Metal master brake pads and $12 of AN fittings. its quite a fine specimen of a fuel rail. it looks like it was made this way from the get-go.

Do you have a pic of this rail bro? aigth peace

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
yeah, ive got a pic of it, but its on my pc that crashed and someone needs to fix it!

ive got apic of the end of it and you can see right thru it. its fully Tig'd too. it looks great.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
well post up some pics of this almighty fuel rail then and let us bask in its greatness!

stock fuel rail is fine.

B

Boostaddctn

does anyone have a write up on how to run dual walbros w/ a AFPR for the rail? I am stomped on how to tap the rail and what to block off... aight peace