Wheelnuts...

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Okay - since my dad has had to start driving and looking after my '88 N/A, suddenly things are 'going wrong'. Now he's not the most honest of people, and he's always trying to get money some way or another. :3d_frown:

This is my dilemma.

I had a go at doing the brakes a few days ago (thread on here about that), couldnt do it, so put everything back together, all 5 wheelnuts back on (and I know there were, cause the garage was clean afterwards, and i double checked the tightness of the nuts), wheelnut cap back on, and he drove it off into the sunset later the same day.

Now, he's saying that a wheelnut is missing, and the cap is still on, and a 'bloke from work' says its done serious damage to the wheel by only having 4 wheelnuts on it. Next he's telling me he cant get wheelnuts anywhere, and that someone wants to charge him £35 (~$65 or so) to give him a set of 5, and that they only sell the wheelnuts in lots of 5.

I need to know - a) if the wheelnut *has* come off and just disappeared into thin air, and magically passed though the cap

b) Does driving with 4 nuts screw up the wheels? (they're sawblades)

c) Do wheelnuts actually cost that much

d) is he just a lying f*cking bastard?

Cheers and TIA :)

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
im driving only 4 lugs(wheel nuts) on one wheel because the idiot who was helping me remove the rotors SMALLED the stud with a ball peen hammer so now the thread is FUBAR.

I dont THINK it can do serious harm...

And they arnt that much! I got 2 for free from Chriso. But you live 9000 miles away from us so that wont work.

Have scrap yards? An auto supply store can probably sell you one. Or even just buy a single lock lug if you can. No biggie

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
No- you are not going to wreck anything on four lugnuts or even 3. Unless they are loose and your wheel is flopping around on you. (You would notice that in driving it). You can buy lugnuts seperate!! Go to napa or auto zone. Any parts store should have them. The may not look 100% like the original but no one will ever notice and they will work just fine.
Oh- pan on $2.00 for a lug nut!!

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Kai said:
Okay - since my dad has had to start driving and looking after my '88 N/A, suddenly things are 'going wrong'. Now he's not the most honest of people, and he's always trying to get money some way or another. :3d_frown:

This is my dilemma.

I had a go at doing the brakes a few days ago (thread on here about that), couldnt do it, so put everything back together, all 5 wheelnuts back on (and I know there were, cause the garage was clean afterwards, and i double checked the tightness of the nuts), wheelnut cap back on, and he drove it off into the sunset later the same day.

Now, he's saying that a wheelnut is missing, and the cap is still on, and a 'bloke from work' says its done serious damage to the wheel by only having 4 wheelnuts on it. Next he's telling me he cant get wheelnuts anywhere, and that someone wants to charge him £35 (~$65 or so) to give him a set of 5, and that they only sell the wheelnuts in lots of 5.

I need to know - a) if the wheelnut *has* come off and just disappeared into thin air, and magically passed though the cap

b) Does driving with 4 nuts screw up the wheels? (they're sawblades)

c) Do wheelnuts actually cost that much

d) is he just a lying f*cking bastard?

Cheers and TIA :)

These are special wheelnuts that are usually available from the dealer only, so yeah, its gonna be expensive. Find a junkyard near you with an mk3 and its wheels still on it and take those.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
heh - i need 1 (or 5, however many you can order minimum), if one has really gone walkies - which i'm starting rapidly to disbelieve. I wish someone else could have looked after it - unfortunately, none of my friends can drive. Any UK Supra owners want to look after it or buy it? :(

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Wish i could. He's a crap dad. Never interested in anything, unless he can get money out of it. Even when i was totally broke a few years ago, he complained about having to give me a tenner (£10).

Dont suppose anyone wants to 'adopt a supra'? :D

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Ill adopt it! Ship to 94583. Thats San Ramon California!

And if you dont have the cash for that... I might be able to live out of it... How much does it cost to fly to London lol.

Storage sounds like your best bet!

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Storage costs ££££ here. Even for a 10 square metre room its about £35 a week.

Dont think it'd be road legal in California, seeing as a) it has no catalytic converter at all, and never did have b) its RHD :)

Umm....to fly to london? about £500 from NY last time i checked :D

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
HellsLegion said:
Ill adopt it! Ship to 94583. Thats San Ramon California!

And if you dont have the cash for that... I might be able to live out of it... How much does it cost to fly to London lol.

Storage sounds like your best bet!

No send it 94534! Fairfield CA. I promise I wont take any of your cool Euro stuff and put it on my car.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Kai said:
Storage costs ££££ here. Even for a 10 square metre room its about £35 a week.

Find an elderly couple that want to make a few extra $'s a month by renting out driveway/garage space to you. Old people love to help out young people.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Cat. converters are for pussies, lol. Ship it here and I'll just have a passenger pretend theyre holding a wheel whenever i drive it to avoid getting pulled over.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Haha - the only thing on it thats 'Euro' is the K&N 57i, the strust brace, the headlight washers, and the steering wheel is on the right. Oh and the different ECU, the lack of catalytic converter and any emissions crap. Still about 205bhp :)

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Yellow 13 said:
Find an elderly couple that want to make a few extra $'s a month by renting out driveway/garage space to you. Old people love to help out young people.

Old people there? sure. Here? Nooooo way. Old people moan & grumble. They're tight fisted. How did copper wire get invented? Two old men fighting over a penny....