wheel camber way off

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
Ok, so I just threw on a set of lowering springs on my 90 turboed supra, looks agressive and handles great but i kinda see a future problem, my wheel chamber looks like one of those oval track cars now, if dont know what I mean then I mean the top of the front tires are tilted way in, so noticeable that it can be notice by eye, this is going to cause super fast wear on the inside of the tire of course so I was just curious, can I just adjust my chamber myself just for the time being so its not so bad, cause its pretty ridicolous, I know I can do wheel alignment pretty easily because of doing alignment on my previous offroading trucks, just curious if chamber adjust ment would be just a s easy, if someone could let me know thanks! O and I really dont want to go and take it somewhere to get done cause no one up here where I live has a computer that can put different chamber adjustments in, just has a generic setting for all cars at the local shops plus Im broke as hell lol so Id way rather do it myself, thanks.

real quick can someone give me the specs for alignment, i cant rember is it 1" toed in? damn idk help me out lol thanks

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I wouldn't do it your self. You are going to mess up the toe settings which will eat up the tires faster then the camber will.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
idk man I think messing with it would help it at this point, like no joke the tire is basically on the sidewall lol maybe a little over exageration but the tire i took of last week were really bad, really bad maybe I can get a pic up.

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
I know what bad camber is.. I probably have more then most on this forum. But as long as the toe is still in spec the tire camber wear isn't going to be super bad.

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
the only way to do yourself and do it halfass right ... is pull strings down side and get them square with car...

1/8 inch toe end is what is normal on most cars... ruffly... that means 1/16 of a inch on each side... ... just on front ofcourse... now the rear I have no toe in..and just a tad camber now after my mods...

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
just a quick reminder, these wornin tires where on the car at stock hieight so the angle on the tires are worse now.
p1075808_1.jpg

this wear is a little hard to see cause of my weak camer phone but its practically chewing into the sidewall almost, I just dont want to be buying tires all the time because I end up with a week side wall.
p1075808_2.jpg

this one is a lot more noticeable and you can only imagine how much more its going to end up wearing with it lowered

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
HommerSimpson;1075804 said:
the only way to do yourself and do it halfass right ... is pull strings down side and get them square with car...

1/8 inch toe end is what is normal on most cars... ruffly... that means 1/16 of a inch on each side... ... just on front ofcourse... now the rear I have no toe in..and just a tad camber now after my mods...

I get the alignment part for sure man, now as of chamber, put a string on the body so its basically at a 90 degree angle from the ground and have it right next to the tire correct?, and as of adjusting it, I believe the bolt on the lower A-arm adjust right correct me if im wrong and which way adjusts it if its even it lol

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Just bring it somewhere and get an alignment. You won't be able to get anywhere near as accurate as an alignment rack. Any Sears/pep boys etc. will have even a basic Hunter machine that will work fine.

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
don't take it to just ANY alignment shop. I've paid and learned the hard way. Take it to a place that has been doing aftermarker suspension for a long time. Expect to pay ~$100 for a GOOD alignment. Meaning they do the caster as well as the toe and camber. without such, it's just a waste.
IMHO.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
As s0ulstar just stated, take it to a quality suspension shop. Any shop that is advertising $69.95 alignments arent going the full alignment for you. The term they use is 'set the toe and let it go'. A good alignment will take more than 20 minutes and will save you money in tires down the road.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Kckazdude;1075849 said:
As s0ulstar just stated, take it to a quality suspension shop. Any shop that is advertising $69.95 alignments arent going the full alignment for you. The term they use is 'set the toe and let it go'. A good alignment will take more than 20 minutes and will save you money in tires down the road.

You're getting ripped off because I do 4 wheel alignments for 65.:nono:

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
I can't believe how long this thread went on before someone said get an alignment.

I don't care how you get it done, or who does it, as long as they can get everything to spec without breaking things.

Get an alignment.

/thread.

Jeff

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
most shops wont touch my supra because who ever did the alignment before i got the car bent the tabs in the rear... but my toe in is ok... and yeah, i have horrible camber wear.... i hate PO...

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Rennat;1075973 said:
most shops wont touch my supra because who ever did the alignment before i got the car bent the tabs in the rear... but my toe in is ok... and yeah, i have horrible camber wear.... i hate PO...

Get A-1 camber arms. Then come to me for an alignment :biglaugh:

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
yea screw getting it done Im a little tight on money considering I just payed for college so If can do it myself I rather just do it, I dont mind if it a little off spec, as long as the car drives straight and the tires wear better compared to my last set, like I said Im almost certain any kind of adjustment well help it more than what its at now. Plus last alignment i got done the f**k my tie rods over on my truck so yea rather just get it as close as I can.

Supra-K

Sep 13, 2007
Victorville CA
o and I cant really move the car at the moment, my fuel damper bypass just stripped off in the fuel rail so now I have to handle that lol but i have to wait for parts so doing this while I wait would be great.