Whats wrong with my supra w/video

4U2QUIK

1UZFE SWAP DUDE!!!
it started doing this about 3 days ago. (rpm's go up and down in a cycle while coasting)
I just happened to have my camera on me when it started doing this.
check it out

It does this randomly when coasting, my idle seems to be high now, and I just noticed that my fuel pump in whining earlier today. I suspect it's the pump, but I wanted a few more opinions just in case I'm wrong.

subjug4tor

Man up, Nancy.
May 8, 2008
DFW, texas
I had a similar problem when my TPS was slightly out of adjustment. if I down shifted and cruised over 2500 rpm or so, no problem, but when doing it at lower rpm like in your video, it would constantly go up and down. I adjusted the TPS as per the TSRM and it fixed it right up. Check your codes, a code 41 and 51 are both TPS related.

Supraboy89

Oct 25, 2006
Hampton GA
subjug4tor;1073711 said:
I had a similar problem when my TPS was slightly out of adjustment. if I down shifted and cruised over 2500 rpm or so, no problem, but when doing it at lower rpm like in your video, it would constantly go up and down. I adjusted the TPS as per the TSRM and it fixed it right up. Check your codes, a code 41 and 51 are both TPS related.

i very much agree. tps out of adustment

Pantaloon007

Permanent Ban
Apr 2, 2008
Vegas
Thats a common toyota problem. Every '80s model toyota Ive owned had the TPS jitter-idle and needed adj. You need an ohmmeter to do it.

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
My TPS had no continuity, at all, under any conditions... :biglaugh:

You will also need a feeler gauge as well as the dmm