whats up eh!!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I see some pooched out roach supras driving around, real rust buckets. A nice one driving around is few and far between. And when I do see a nice one, I usually know who it is. lol

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
Crazy_Tycoon;1245205 said:
JayHall...do you have any experience with RPM in aldergrove?

Trust me when I tell you this, as my experiance has taught me thst the only shop around that a Supra owner needs to know is BIC Preformance:

p1246636_1.jpg

p1246636_2.jpg

Crazy_Tycoon;1245291 said:
you know anyone interested in helping me work on my 7MGTE in the valley, I've got tools just a bit short on the experience I'll provide the :drink1:

what do you need help with, and when are we talking about?

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
Jayhall;1246636 said:
Trust me when I tell you this, as my experiance has taught me thst the only shop around that a Supra owner needs to know is BIC Preformance:

what do you need help with, and when are we talking about?

when.....anytime.....the car runs great except it won't boost....I've jumped the ecu to see what error codes come up but the check engine light must have been wired wrong by the previous owner. It revs up great but just won't boost. I've cleaned up most of the boost leak, just waiting for a couple more t-clamps...its running lean..white ash on the spark plugs...its possible that its a vacume leak somewhere, the previous owner took out the egr so I'm not sure how I'm going to get it through emmisions.

I have some new stuff coming...HKS SSQV, HKS Turbo Timer, HKS intake pipe..some new blue silicon vaccume lines etc, AEM wideband, Apexi NEO....so that stuff needs to be put in but I'm pretty sure I can look after it....its more the troubleshooting with the turbo. I'm shooting for the March 28th video shoot down in washington....http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=44586

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
arizzle;1246450 said:
^^^ i would but its a 1hr drive for me :(! but why whats wrong with your supra?

well if you've got tools I'll bring my car and the :drink1: :icon_bigg The car runs excellant, it just doesn't boost. Idles and runs great, as soon as I hit 1 PSI of boost :evil2: fuel cut, I jump the computer for error codes and the check engine light doesn't work. so this week I'm going to wire in a new check engine light. Hopefully when I have some codes it will be easier to find the problem

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Crazy_Tycoon;1248919 said:
well if you've got tools I'll bring my car and the :drink1: :icon_bigg The car runs excellant, it just doesn't boost. Idles and runs great, as soon as I hit 1 PSI of boost :evil2: fuel cut, I jump the computer for error codes and the check engine light doesn't work. so this week I'm going to wire in a new check engine light. Hopefully when I have some codes it will be easier to find the problem

are you using a the stock boost gauge? cause my old gauge did that to me but i was properly boosting 9-10psi but the stock gauge would show 1 lol and hit fuel cut. try to borrow a aftermarket boost gauge and see if you hit any boost. but dont forget to disconnect the stock gauge as it uses a boost sensor. try that and see what happens.

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
arizzle;1248932 said:
are you using a the stock boost gauge? cause my old gauge did that to me but i was properly boosting 9-10psi but the stock gauge would show 1 lol and hit fuel cut. try to borrow a aftermarket boost gauge and see if you hit any boost. but dont forget to disconnect the stock gauge as it uses a boost sensor. try that and see what happens.

I've got an aftermarket boost gauge, but I don't think its installed very well :sarcasm: but I didn't put it in either, my vacuum lines are all fubar so I know I need to go through those and reroute some stuff. I think there is a ton of small stuff to do to the engine, its just misleading cause it sounds so good when I start it up :naughty:

Where is the best place to tap into for the aftermarket boost gauge ?

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
As close to the intake manifold as you can get. For example... put a three way T on the line that comes off the back of the air intake chamber, and put your sensor right next to that.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Jeff Lange;1247676 said:
It's a real shame this forum doesn't have more activity!

Jeff

I guess we're all over in the regional forums, which give us a more closer knit community. That's hard to beat...