What would you pay for this Supra? 56k..No Way

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
I hate to start another one of these threads but Id like to know how much any of you would honestly pay for this Supra.

Its a 1987 Turbo Targa 5-Speed. 174,xxx miles on body.
ABS, Leather, Electric Seats

Exterior:
-New paint February 06
-89+ Front bumper
-New Targa Seals all around (NO LEAKS!!)
-New Tail light seals
-No Rust at all
-20% Window Tint on all but windshield

Wheels/Suspension:
-Sportmax Racing 006 wheels 18x8.5 Front, 18x9.5 Rear
-Rear tires are Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR with about 700 miles on them 275/40
-Front tires are Hankook Ventus with about 700 miles on them 245/35
-New power steering rack Feb 06
-Bilstein Struts with Ebiach springs
-New A-Arms all around
-All polyureathane bushings
-Goodrich stainless braided brake lines
-Crossdrilled rotors
-New front calipers and Rebuilt rear calipers

Interior:
-AEM Wideband Air/Fuel gauge
-Autometer boost, Water temp, ETG.
-Sogi Short shifter
-Sparco Steering wheel w/quick release hub
-Sparco torino Red seats, a little faded and small rip on pass seat, custom seat brackets with stock sliders and working forward/backward electric drivers seat
-89+ climate control
-New leather shift boot, e-brake boot, and armrest.
-Greddy Type-S Boost controller
-Greddy E-Manage Blue Engine management with every harness and sensor

Audio:
-Dual Headunit CD/AM/FM/MP3/SAT Radio
-All new speaker wires
-Boston Acoustic Speakers with 300w bazooka tube in trunk (targa fits over with no issues)

Engine:
-1JZ-GTE (the usual JDM millage plus 9k put on but myself)
-Garrett GT40 turbo (.70 A/r comp housing, .70 A/r compressor housing) 13psi by 4k rpm
...Boost logic oil lines
...Chinaman manifold
...HKS style wastegate w/open dump
...Custom 3in downpipe
...K&N 12in filter
...HKS SSQV BOV
-Cometic head gasket w/ARP studs
-Hydro fan with 7M radiator
-New Battery and tie down
-MKIV 550cc injectors with 7M resistor pack
-Driftmotion 31x12x2 FMIC and aluminum 2.5in hardpipes (all t-bolt clamps)
-Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
-Custom 3in Exhaust with Glasspack, Magnaflow Muffler, and no cat.

Drivetrain:
-R154 Tranny ~100k miles
-RPS Stage 3, 6-puck spring hub clutch. RPS 3200 Pressure plate (clutch switch bypassed)
-New Master Cylinder, rebuilt slave.
-Rebuilt 3.91 LSD

And I think thats it :aigo:

p677655_1.jpg

p677655_2.jpg

p677655_3.jpg

p677655_4.jpg

p677655_5.jpg

p677655_6.jpg

p677655_7.jpg

p677655_8.jpg

p677655_9.jpg

p677655_10.jpg

p677655_11.jpg

p677655_12.jpg

p677655_13.jpg

p677655_14.jpg

p677655_15.jpg

p677655_16.jpg

p677655_17.jpg

p677655_18.jpg

p677655_19.jpg

Last edited:

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Justin727 said:

That's about right. If it were cosmetically a little nicer it might bring quite a bit more (not that it's bad).

On an older car like a mkiii, nice paint and an immaculate interior play a large part on it's desireability and therefore it's value.,

I don't know how many of you have noticed but the price of a nice MKIII is on the rise. Expect this trend to continue. The day of the cheap Supra has passed (unless it's a beater, and even those are going to be worth some decent money in the next few years).

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I paid $5K for mine and it had a tree fall on the hood and fender on the driver's side...

the interior is VERY clean (center console cover, e-brake handle, e-brake boot, shift knob, and shift boot are really the only bad bits..)

it was a bit more than I was expecting to spend, but it was the combo I wanted. Red, 89+, turbo, 5-speed, targa, grey cloth...

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
dam thats a huge intercooer
without all the mods your looking at a car worth maybe,3k?
then add the price of all the add-on's and then factor inall that been abused.

werewolves182

is without a supra :(
Aug 23, 2005
Crownsville, MD
suprabad said:
That's about right. If it were cosmetically a little nicer it might bring quite a bit more (not that it's bad).

On an older car like a mkiii, nice paint and an immaculate interior play a large part on it's desireability and therefore it's value.,

I don't know how many of you have noticed but the price of a nice MKIII is on the rise. Expect this trend to continue. The day of the cheap Supra has passed (unless it's a beater, and even those are going to be worth some decent money in the next few years).

Very good point. I have noticed its getting harder to find dirt cheap MKIII's these days. Im not really looking to sell my car at this point. Just kinda looking for a little guidance as to what exactly I should do next.

This car has been a huge work in progress for me. I know there are a lot of little things that need to be done and some more effective then others.

In a nutshell, thats exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks!

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
tops 6-7k for a car in that shape. the int is in just ok shape, the body could use some work and id swap out that muffler for something a little nicer. the way i look at it the motor and drivetrain will be in the same shape as the rest of the car. there are plenty of dirt cheap cars out there still but finding one in good shape for a good price is the kicker.

just my .02

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
MKIIINA said:
tops 6-7k for a car in that shape. the int is in just ok shape, the body could use some work and id swap out that muffler for something a little nicer. the way i look at it the motor and drivetrain will be in the same shape as the rest of the car. there are plenty of dirt cheap cars out there still but finding one in good shape for a good price is the kicker.

just my .02

I wouldn't sell that car for $6k and honestly I doubt anyone would. It's like I said, the price is going up. Like Bob Dylan says "the times they are a changin". Decent Supras are getting rarer and rarer. Those of us that own good examples of this model are realizing (slowly in some cases) that.

I'll say it again...the days of the cheap Supra are gone.

My family has been in the car business for three generations, so I speak with some authority when I tell you that MKIII's have become " special interest" cars and are starting to show a long overdue increase in value. Mark my words.

I remember not that long ago, when I bought a used 1966 GTO convetible for $5k. Alot of people said I payed "way too much", and to tell the truth (at the time) I thought maybe they were right. I sold that car 6 years later for $80k. Thank God I went with my gut, and didn't listen to all the people that told me "nobody's ever gonna want some great big gas guzzler car from the 1960's"!