What would you do if gas hits 7 bucks a gallon?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
djblastsupratuner;1045440 said:
Not many people have the money to have a F*&#(^ monster supra. You got to live with what you got. Or are you too old to remember!:sarcasm:

Whats the point in a project car if the engine is perfect!!!!!! Turd gte or GE= project car =:love:

im not rich but ill be happy to donate a 12mm bolt to hold down your 3000 pipe:biglaugh: nah seriously matey ive been on the bones of my ass before too but if you keep an eye on the for sale section of this site youll pick up all the little things that make a big difference to the running and the appearance of your motor, for stuff all.
Just a tip too, dont be a smartass to people who have experience building tough engines...who knows you may need there help one day.

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
wiseco7mgt;1045561 said:
im not rich but ill be happy to donate a 12mm bolt to hold down your 3000 pipe:biglaugh: nah seriously matey ive been on the bones of my ass before too but if you keep an eye on the for sale section of this site youll pick up all the little things that make a big difference to the running and the appearance of your motor, for stuff all.
Just a tip too, dont be a smartass to people who have experience building tough engines...who knows you may need there help one day.

Im just being a smartass because people who have "experience building tough engines" think they know everything. i said POS NA and i apologize AGAIN! but damn man respect the poor people and ill respect the elderly experience.

How is one going to Build your supra if you have a senior member/admin bringing you down telling you you have a Turd gte! :thumbsdow
Great experience i tell ya!

djblastsupratuner

May 2, 2007
Florida
jetjock;1045450 said:
Living with what you have is no reason for it to look like that or to do things wrong. For example I see, among other things, you have the FPR connected to ported vacuum. I'm guessing you don't understand the problem with that or you'd have already fixed it.

pics are when i first got the supra months ago. I dont take alot of pics of my car and that has been fixed already just to let ya know:icon_smil

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
djblastsupratuner;1045633 said:
Im just being a smartass because people who have "experience building tough engines" think they know everything. i said POS NA and i apologize AGAIN! but damn man respect the poor people and ill respect the elderly experience.

How is one going to Build your supra if you have a senior member/admin bringing you down telling you you have a Turd gte! :thumbsdow
Great experience i tell ya!

Reading comprehension not a strong point I see?
Never said YOUR GTE was the turd go back and reread what I wrote a few times....

How about all the NA owners YOU put down with your idiot "POS GE" comment? (what you don't like it when I bag on your car but it's ok for YOU to do it?)

djblastsupratuner

May 2, 2007
Florida
IJ.;1045951 said:
Reading comprehension not a strong point I see?
Never said YOUR GTE was the turd go back and reread what I wrote a few times....

How about all the NA owners YOU put down with your idiot "POS GE" comment? (what you don't like it when I bag on your car but it's ok for YOU to do it?)

Im man enough to say that i was wrong about the "POS GE". And the only reason i put down the GE so much was becuase my father is a real GE fan (and he always bought GEs never GTEs) and i hated the GE also because 4 cylinder cars would woop my ass!
You said this

IJ.;1045951 said:

so you never put down my car but then you said this:

IJ.;1045951 said:
what you don't like it when I bag on your car but it's ok for YOU to do it?)

i thought you said you didnt bag my car. but apparently this ^ says diff.:confused:

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Van Diesel;1036919 said:
and you think the people here want to pay that much? Get a fucking clue America. It's called carpooling, scooter/moped, motorcycle, public transportation, bicycling, walking. Other countries have been doing it for years. Hell when I lived in Tokyo a car was a luxury you didn't always need. Public transportation and a good pair of walking shoes got me everywhere. As Americans we should try to do the same. We're spoiled and for some reason believe that it's an American right to have cheap gas....but the rest of the world (except for the middle east) has already adapted. And so should we.

What he said.

I was suggesting some cars to an american bloke and he said he wanted something economical. I asked him what is considered economical over there to which he replied something that got 20MPG would be great :squint:.

Get over yourselves people. $7 a gallon ain't shit.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
DonS1mpson;1046463 said:
What he said.

I was suggesting some cars to an american bloke and he said he wanted something economical. I asked him what is considered economical over there to which he replied something that got 20MPG would be great :squint:.

Get over yourselves people. $7 a gallon ain't shit.

You need to tone your Eurosuperior attitude down a notch there skippy.

The only reason your fuel is any higher than mine is taxes. We buy the same fuel from the same people.

You live on an island the size of of a small US state. My commute to work makes it impossible for me to not own a car. And as for the 20 MPG comment, that's flat out bullshit, or you were talking to an idiot.

My MKIV does better than that. Our MR2 spyder gets 37 mpg. At $4.25 gallon ($1.122 a liter), I'm doing pretty well.

I've seen the squalid conditions the average Brit lives in while your government lovingly ass rapes you. You've got nothing to be superior about.

You sound "proud" that your government is fucking you. And we need to get over ourselves?

The fact that you've become numb to the screwing your getting is nothing to be proud of...

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Oh, I know Europe (more specifically the UK) sucks. It’s my sole dream to GFTO this shite hole and I certainly am not under the illusion (more like delusion) that we’re somehow superior to you guys.

What I do have a probably with however is the whining and BSing how gas going to $9 a gallon is going to spark some kind of an American transport revolution, when we all know that it really, really wont. The majority of you guys will do exactly what we did, pay it.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Drop out of school, as it will cost me what I make all week to fill the tank to go there or not eat when I am not home. One cannot live on $118.95 a week, with the way gas prices are. I had a hard time last semester, and it had just peaked over $4 here.

$4.49 for 87 in southern CT today, home of the highest gas prices in the country :(

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
fuel is now up to $1.75 some days near where ilive and the forecast is $2.00 per litre by christmas( happy christmas lol) Remember when it used to be cheap to just go away camping, life has certainly changed.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
DonS1mpson;1046652 said:
Oh, I know Europe (more specifically the UK) sucks. It’s my sole dream to GFTO this shite hole and I certainly am not under the illusion (more like delusion) that we’re somehow superior to you guys.

What I do have a probably with however is the whining and BSing how gas going to $9 a gallon is going to spark some kind of an American transport revolution, when we all know that it really, really wont. The majority of you guys will do exactly what we did, pay it.

The cynical side of me thinks there will be another war in the middle east....
"for their own good"

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
IJ.;1046845 said:
The cynical side of me thinks there will be another war in the middle east....
"for their own good"

That's a good point. The only time I've EVER seen fuel prices go down was directly after the invasion of Iraq. Weird huh?

Mark3Supraholic

Zero State
Mar 31, 2005
California
Some people are jacking up the prices of Hybrids and small 4-cylinder cars to more than they're worth to try to cash in on the fuel craze. I try to plan ahead for up to $10 a gallon gas. In the end I'd probably just buy a motorcycle (a 600) and hope that I don't get blindsided by someone. I just bought a Lexus GS300 and for a 6 cylinder NA, it isn't too bad as long as I keep my foot in check. Supra, although not running yet, was always planned to be the weekend driver.

I would also buy a locking gas cap for all my vehicles.

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
I'd keep driving. I still have some naive faith that gas prices will at least plateau. I figure that my Supra gets decent mileage (23.6 mpg combined when I filled up yesterday, and I drive about half city, half highway). I make enough now to cover fuel prices, and when I go back to school and make less money, i don't have to drive as much. It is a pain in the ass though as my commute to and from work is at least 80 miles.

I am working on my motorcycle license though.

In the future, I'd consider the Tesla or it's equivalents. One thing you won't find gas prices making me do is get an econobox.

Congress has to let us drill for our oil.